D40 Strut Spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo77

Reaction score
I want to lift the front of my navara up another 1-2 inches to become level what are the pro's and con's of putting a 1 inch strut spacer on top of my coil?

Cheers

The only issue you might have is your camber angles.If you have a Thai built truck then chances are you have camber adjustment.If you have adjustment then 50mm should cause you no issues.
Just for your own info a 50mm lift does not mean a 50mm spacer.it all comes down to suspension geometry etc

this is some info we calculated a while ago on ClubFrontier

"Ok now this has raised some questions
I worked the following out by using dimensions from the various manufacturers
1.75" Spacer = 3" lift
1.50" Spacer = 2.5" Lift
1.25" Spacer = 2" Lift
1.00" Spacer = 1.5" Lift
0.75" Spacer = 1" Lift

and then in Metric
42mm Spacer = 75mm Lift
36mm Spacer = 62mm Lift
32mm Spacer = 50mm Lift
25mm Spacer = 37mm Lift
18mm Spacer = 25mm Lift

thats using the rule that for every 1/4" of spacer thickness we get 1/2" of lift or 6mm spacer to get 12mm of lift "

So what are my options if i want to get this done? New upper control arms or shocks/coils or what?

New arms will avoid the coil bucket contact and possibly fix any camber issues
New longer shocks and brake lines will avoid those issues
The only real issue you face is the CV angles. Now I dont have a 4x4 but others maybe can help out with max height you can have with CV angles.

Most seem to go maybe 50 or 60mm in front or go all out and install a Calmini setup.
There isnt much for the 4x4 other than the 50 mm range or the 150mm type.
The main issue seems to be the CV angles.
The only 100mm lift I know of is actually for the 4x2 and will not fit a 4x4

CV angles of up to 3" lift aren't too much of a problem on a D40 other than increased wear.

in relation to trying to level out after a lift,

can anyone think of which would be the better choice?
by that i mean Snake racing (for example) sell spacers that fit ABOVE the coil, and
ZORDO sells spacers that fit UNDER the coil?

in relation to trying to level out after a lift,

can anyone think of which would be the better choice?
by that i mean Snake racing (for example) sell spacers that fit ABOVE the coil, and
ZORDO sells spacers that fit UNDER the coil?

Either way your sacrifising down travel for static lift.
Go too far and the ride is shit, D40s and R51 onlt have abour 7 inch of total front wheel travel. I read and confirmed that if you can ensure you have 2.5inchs minimum down travel the truck will drive ok over bumps. To get this with spring lift+spacer kit you need to do some UCA and coil bucket clerance mods. Also you need either LCA off set bushes or aftermarket UCA or UCA offset bushes to have any hope of satisfactory camber.
Go to zorod as he has modded a navara in this fashion including spacing down your shocks, he will be able to sort it out.

Latest posts

Back