Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
So im sure people get sick of seeing the same things get posted...or PM'd..
So in this thread post up what you did to fit 33" tyres. As much info as possible.

Eg.
I fit 33x10.5x15 on neg 22 offset rims with a 2" suspension lift (torsion bars and extended shackles). Removed the front mudflap. Minor scrubbing at full lock on full flex.
(example only i never had 33's!, will delete once someone else add's theres.)

If you had a different experience or width/rim offset/lift then post it up!

Chit chat to a minimum please.

33x12.5 tyres on 15x8 rims with -1/2" offset.
2" body lift, 40-50mm susp lift.
took front mudflaps off and bent in the metal lip behind there with a hammer :)
tyres stick out about 40mm so put flares on.

James

Running 33'' Silverstone Xtremes, major scrubbing at full lock, I have a 2'' Sus and a 2'' body. Will be doing some major massaging on the inner guard.

285/75 R16 Kumho KL71

Just fitted Kumho KL71's to 0 offset steel rims. Usual trimming to front guards to make 'em fit. Have yet to give them a good run off road but will be at LCMP on the 25th and 26th so we'll give em a good testing and report back after. Comparison is to my factory spare.

Attachments

• Nav8.jpg
    Nav8.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1,688
  • Nav6.jpg
    Nav6.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 2,052
  • Nav5.jpg
    Nav5.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,462
  • Nav4.jpg
    Nav4.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,355
  • Nav3.jpg
    Nav3.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 4,640
33's on 3" Lift

Would 33's fit with a 3" suspension lift or do you ideally need a body lift also? I don't mind working the inner guards. And what offset would suit 33's best without sticking too far out the guards.

Thanks

Brett

Would 33's fit with a 3" suspension lift or do you ideally need a body lift also? I don't mind working the inner guards. And what offset would suit 33's best without sticking too far out the guards.

Ideally you'll need a 2" body or get creative with a grinder/hammer pn the inner gaurd.

King do +20 in 16x8's. I've got them with 285/75s and they just sit inside the guards.

Ideally you'll need a 2" body or get creative with a grinder/hammer pn the inner gaurd.

King do +20 in 16x8's. I've got them with 285/75s and they just sit inside the guards.

Hey Tommy,

Who's King? Just to confirm it's definitely +20 offset? Did you have to do much work on the guards after you fit them?

Cheers

Adam

Hey Tommy,

Who's King? Just to confirm it's definitely +20 offset? Did you have to do much work on the guards after you fit them?

Cheers

Adam

King is a Brand of sunraysia stye rims. Yes +20 offset (just ask you 16x8's to suit your d22 and they should get it right)

Guard triming looks like. (could fit larger tire but i didn;t want to have to do it again ~ 30mm extra clearance)

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

I just put on 33x12.5x15 on my d22 it's got a 2inch lift kit with a 2inch body. Rims are the king sun raiser with a negative 23 offset they do stick out the guards about 40mm so put flares on and massage the inner gaurd closer to the door. But the end result is worth it.

Hey guys, I am running bog stock suspension that is probably a bit sagged as it has done 180,000kms and I have 235/85/16 (32") muddies fitted to stock 16X6 DX Navara rims, I have removed the front mud guards and have no rubbing issues at all even on full flex, I cant see why I would have any real issues with fitting a 2" suspension lift and then 33"s as there is only an extra 1/2" of clearance needed. Correct me if I am wrong but I can not see any need for a body lift at the moment.

Hey guys, I am running bog stock suspension that is probably a bit sagged as it has done 180,000kms and I have 235/85/16 (32") muddies fitted to stock 16X6 DX Navara rims, I have removed the front mud guards and have no rubbing issues at all even on full flex, I cant see why I would have any real issues with fitting a 2" suspension lift and then 33"s as there is only an extra 1/2" of clearance needed. Correct me if I am wrong but I can not see any need for a body lift at the moment.

You're running narrow wheels with a decent positive offset (probably +40)with narrow tryes which is allowing you plenty of clearance on full lock.

If you get tall skinny tyres (not sure what sizes make in tall n skinnies) you will probably have no probs.

The reason why most guys have problems is because they are buying 7 or 8 inch wide wheels which also only come in +20 offset or more negative, and they are putting on 265mm wide tyres or more.

So basically the wider the tyres and the more negative the offset the more likely you are to get scrubbing. Its not just tyre height that has an affect.

You're running narrow wheels with a decent positive offset (probably +40)with narrow tryes which is allowing you plenty of clearance on full lock.

If you get tall skinny tyres (not sure what sizes make in tall n skinnies) you will probably have no probs.

The reason why most guys have problems is because they are buying 7 or 8 inch wide wheels which also only come in +20 offset or more negative, and they are putting on 265mm wide tyres or more.

So basically the wider the tyres and the more negative the offset the more likely you are to get scrubbing. Its not just tyre height that has an affect.

That sounds fair, but 1 of my mates just picked up an 03 (I think) D22 and went to the local tyer place and got a set of 265/75/16 (32") Bighorns and the only thing he had to do was take off the front mud flaps, the rims are 16X7 sunnies, and we think they may be LandCruiser off set as they look a bit different to another mates D22 sunnies but he has a fir amount of clearance. I will be fitting a 2" lift in a few months, then I think I am going to go for a set of 33"s, if I have to mod (bash with a large hammer) my inner guards so be it, but I have a good feeling that I will not need a body lift.

Hi , I borrowed a set of 16 "land cruiser rims 33" 285 wide off an 80 series not sure what offset but I don't think there's any offset either way with a 2+2 lift , they stick out of the guards about 30mm tyres are half worn and they scrub a little on full look on a flat surface , but it looks AWSOME and now saving madlly for tyres

I have a d22 2inch lift with 33s. 285/75 16.
Removed the mud flap and with the trusty hammer they fit and look great. Stick out a bit not sure if I'm adding flares just yet. The rims have a 0 offset and also tried +20 they also fit but don't look as tuff as 0 offset. My only problem is fitting the spare. Not sure if it will fit, has anyone got a 33 in the spare underneath?

285/75R16 spare fits just. Touches towbar and clears handbreak cable by 10mm. It is a bit close to the exhaust but just bent the exhaust brackets to move it away from the tyre.

285/75R16 D-Cepeck FCII half worn on 16x8 0P rims. Have 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body lift and did the usual trimming and panel beating and still get light scrubbing at full aticulation when turning. I will have to have another look at it when I get some time and may take it to panelbeaters to have the front of the sill cut and shut an inch further back. I don't think I would get a new set of 285/75R16 muddies on how it is at the moment.

Recently fitted coopers STT's, 285/75/r16 on a black 16x8 dynamic steelie with 0 offset. NO body lift (just yet) ...just a 3" suspension lift.
upon first fit, could not achieve full lock so i removed the mud flaps and took at the inner guards with an angle grinder and FILE! removed close to 2 inches of pointless car, then was all sweet. full lock achieved! so far i've heard no scubbing, even with flex

Attachments

• IMG_0257[1].jpg
    IMG_0257[1].jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 1,148
heres a few more pics of the clearance between the front tire and guard. i chose to keep the plasticin there.. just pumped a lil expandafoam in the nooks and used a heat gun to mould the plastic to the new shape...just to keep mud and crap outa there

Attachments

• IMG_0268[1].jpg
    IMG_0268[1].jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_0265[1].jpg
    IMG_0265[1].jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_0264[1].jpg
    IMG_0264[1].jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 1,141

Latest posts

Back