mobile phone service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im sure we all go through this shit,but heres my bitch.
I signed up with a service provider for 2 years,about 18 months ago.
That company has now been taken over and the new company has sent me a letter outlining NEW rates which are a rip off.
They want 40c connection fee,40c per 30 second block,and 40c per text...
My new monthly bill jumped by $120.. and i had a very quiet month useage wise.
The previous co..guaranteed that my bills would remain at $180 or less per month,this new bill is $290.00...WTF
The way i see it is.....they are in breach of contract as thats not the deal i signed on for,and no early termination fees apply as they broke the deal...
Am i right?
i have sent emails stating this and im not paying the last bill either as i didnt approve any plan changes..
What do you think?

Last edited:
I would be ringing them and telling them your contract was with previous company and you want a better deal or out. See what they say, if not, go to the teleco ombudsman, he's the man... You meantion the word ombudsman and they will shit their pants.

I would be ringing them and telling them your contract was with previous company and you want a better deal or out. See what they say, if not, go to the teleco ombudsman, he's the man... You meantion the word ombudsman and they will shit their pants.

these pricks dont answer the phone,,,you get asked to leave your name and number and they will call you back...
what a frkn joke,im waiting from over 2 weeks ago to be called back

this teleco ombudsman caper sounds prommising...where do i find him?

Fine print...Make sure that you are well versed with it.
Not many people read it and believe it or not the providers don't either. If your going to war with them make sure that you know it better than them.

Our Company has just today changed providers and I'm off the air while we wait to be ported over. That was meant to happen at 10am today...still nothing.
Our money man in the office got out of the 24month contract with V####### by threatening legal action because of poor coverage and service. I saw the last bill he had, 167 pages!, and I checked the charges against my number. 80% of the charges were "Div to voicemail" because of poor coverage. There were also alot of short calls to the same number all in the space of seconds because of playing the "Hello?" game.

Just be calm and get them to explain why you have been charged over and above what you were told......
Failing that. Call centre staff are not allowed to hang up on you unless you are aggressive, insolent, rude etc and they must continue to answer your questions -- they are autobots. So stay calm and argue your point reasonably. They have the ability to credit your account....just don't hang up until they do.

Call centre staff are not allowed to hang up on you unless you are aggressive, insolent, rude etc and they must continue to answer your questions -- they are autobots.

I disagree, Autobots are here to help man kind in there struggle against the decepticons.

Call center staff are not here to help anyone.

Just type "telecommunication ombudsman" into google and give them a call. If you ever get through to them or if they ever call you back. Make sure you take the persons name who you speak too.

if they ever answer the phone i would...
the only time some knob answered the phone,he's response was...this is normal aquisition procedure.....
what,to make up their own rates?and change contracts in their favour?

I wouldnt bother wasting ur time with the telco...go straight to the TIO....costs the company hundreds

I have been with Optus for years, never had any dramas with them.

Oh and what the others said.

just looked up their web site and i will be talking to them very soon..
thanks fellas,i felt that i was in the right with this...

just lodged a complait with the T I O and their first email back stated "dont pay the bill"
These p****s still havent called back yet or anwsered any emails....how shit are they?
I looked into this new mob called AMAYSIM and their fee for the same usage time is only about $50-60... compared to $294.00
I know where im going next for my mobile service provider..

My mobile is with Optus.
$49/mth = $500 credit and 1.5G download.
Been with them for about 12 years and have not had any grief with my account.

yeh my mates plan is about 90 a month unlimited optus, plus gets a free iphone 4 with it. don't go with those shit small companies. they rent the mobile phone towers off the bigger companies. EG Vodafone. Ever wondered why your call drops out? thats your phone changing towers. shit thing about vodafone.

Anyone use savveytell (sp?) Until someone pointed out amazin(sp?), they looked the cheapest for some like us who thinks that mobile phones are something you leave in drawers and glovebox.

Latest posts

Back