Extended shackles.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vornar

Reaction score
Hey Fellas.

Recently i installed Ironman rear springs and wound the torsion bars up to suit. I adjusted the front torsions so that all four corners had the same distance from the rim base to the guard.

I am currently about 8mm off the bumpstops at the front with the torsions and now after 3 months, the rear springs have dropped 20mm as they have bedded in.

I really don't want to drop the front down to suit the back.

I have a set of Ironman greasable shackles to go on and i am considering using the shackle's pins (as they screw in on one side) in a longer piece of 8mm bar to get the rear back up to where it should be. I am a fitter by trade and the manufacturing would be fairly simple.

Can someone please tell me how much longer the shackle would have to be compared to stock to achieve 20mm to 30mm extra height?

I am guessing around 40-50mm but its just a guess.

have you complained to ironman? they shouldn't not of dropped that much. 3 months is no time at all. My dobinsons have dropped 0mm in 18 months (55K) and i carry loads of cement, sand, tools etc all week. So see how you go with ironman warranty before you worry about custom shackles.

Your need to extend your shackels by 2mm for each 1mm of lift you are after but remeber that extended shackels are illegal throughout Australia and generally considered a shoddy shortcut to increased ride height. I would be giving it to Ironman as leave springs should be stressed (can't rember the technical word) at the factory so they don't sag after installation. Unfortantually Ironman spend more on advitising then on their cheap imported products.

Latest posts

Back