Wiring into cab?? Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_215

Reaction score
Hey guys im in the middle of a project. Im wiring up a set of work lights on the back and sPotties and light bar on the front. I need to wire them to switches in the cab. The problem i am facing is how do i find an area to get the wires inside. Not much room in these new engine bAys lol. Anyways any help would be appreciated. Ive hit a dead end :(. Help. Cheers ray.

Hi Ray, I have run a few wires through a hole under the drivers seat. There is a rubber grommet that I have 'holed' and run a heap wires through it. From there they go forward and rearward for various accessories. Hope this helps.
Foxy.

The work light wires could go through one of the grommets in the front of the tub then through the vent thats at the passenger side rear of the cab then under the carpet.

There is a grommet high on the firewall behind the ABS unit that you could pass wires in and out of. A couple of things to remember about doing this:

* If you make or enlarge a hole, that hole becomes a potential source of water entering the cabin, so if you intend to take the vehicle through deep water, make sure you seal it up. The Navara can wade bonnet-deep without problems and has been seen wading through water halfway up its windscreen.

* The cabin wires going to and from the switch can be smaller gauge wires, because they aren't running the power to the lights. The wires should come out into the engine bay and then connect to a relay, and the relay has to have heavy duty cabling up to the lights. The longer the distance, the heavier the cable required

* If you're running cable down and under the cabin, try to secure it up as high as possible so that it's protected from being snagged by sticks if you're off-road or wading through water.

* Use waterproof relays and GOOD crimping on the electrical connectors. The thin, flat crimping tool you can buy cheaply in most places is rubbish and won't do a good job.

If you're coming from the back of the ute I'd go for the vents in the rear of the cabin like navarian suggested. Providing there is no joins in the cable you wont need to seal it and once behind the seat you can run the cable anywhere. I've gone under the plastic panels along the floor past the B pillar and into the foot well and it's heaps easier than running externally from the rear.

Latest posts

Back