Engel Fridge won,t fit??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denraz

Reaction score
After finally deciding to use my STX dual cab as it was mean't for,i have just tried fitting my 40ltr Engel in the tray but i can,t secure the soft cover,any clues!! Previously had a GQ patrol and removed one of the rear seats and mounted it on a custom made base (worked well) not sure if i can do the same with the Navara.

I just bought a 60 litre and the only way to get it in the back was raise the back seats,put the front passenger seat back rest all the way forward then slide the fridge in over the top of the passenger seat and wrestle it down onto the back floor.It's just sitting on bits of oregon right now untill i figure out a good way to secure it while still been removable.
I still want to be able to use the back seats when i need to.
If you come up with a good solution please post it up.
P2120355.jpg

Not sure if this is helpfull, but mate of mine had the same issue, and ended up getting a larger size Engel (maybe 80l?) because it is not as tall as the 40l.

Thanks fellas,first option looks pretty uncomfortable for the front passenger though,second option is probably a lot cheaper than buying an overpriced canopy.

The pic is to show how i got the fridge in,the front seat goes back to normal and will slide almost all the way back,any way,stuff the passenger,i have cold beer all year round.

I understand where your coming from,just had another look at my bus and reckon i can unbolt and remove the single rear seat and mount the fridge on a custom stand using the seat bolt holes to secure it.(this way i can still have the front passenger/barman)

Back