Over heating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunna

Reaction score
Just wonding if any one has had any issues with there D40's over heating. Mine is building up pressure in the coolant tank and spewing all the coolant out of the over flow.

i doubt its caused by overheating.

one thing to watch is overflow tank is not over filled otherwise it will blow excess out.
if you can get to a garage that has gas meter they can tell if its combustion gas coming out of the radiator. if it is then its blown head gasket or cracked head. if not then faulty radiator cap or sometimes water pump.

Check your bottom hose for pressure while car is running, if not much flow in pressure then water pump maybe gone

The temp gauge when its full of coolant sits about at a 1/4 on the gauge, but the coolent in the resevoir is bubbling and coming out of the overflow. once you take the caps of and release the presure it stops

You can take some of your coolant to a radiator place and have them test it. They will be able to tell you if there have been combustion gases mixed into the coolant, which is a sign of a failed head gasket, oil leaks etc.

Unlike "the good old days", it's not so easy to watch the fluid over the cores of the radiator, which would give you a good idea of what was wrong.

You could have an issue with the thermostat or water pump as well, so it might not be a complete disaster (head gasket would be a fair few $ to fix).

Took it to the mechanic today done a test to see if there was a crack in the head gasket , luckily there apears to be none. Booked it in for wednesday at radiator place they are going to replace the thermostat and flush the radiator and hope fully it will be fixed. Will let you guys know how i get one.

Change the cap first.

I have a spare cap Ill sell you for what I paid for it.

Its a genuine Nissan cap I got off Garry.

sounds like a faulty thermostat or blocked radiator, ive changed heaps of patrol 3l t/d thermostats seems to be a common fault funny thing is even when you bench test them they do all the right things very weird, but soon as you put them back in the car they overheat, replace them and there fine.

similar thing happened to my patrol turned out to be radiator cap being the wrong kind.

Got the truck back today turned out to be faulty thermostat and blocked radiator. Thanks for all your feed back guys.

Latest posts

Back