Anyone got an Ironman bar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has either an Ironman deluxe commercial or protector bar on their D22? If so, any chance you could put up some pics?

Cheers!

Matt

I've seen an Ironman fitted to a D22 and I wasn't impressed.
Made from lightweight materials - thin.
Genuine, ARB, TJM

The only issue I have with the nissan bar is lack of high lift jacking points. There is a spot that a HLJ will go, but after one lift, the slot is damaged, (and I speak from experience). So if I had my time again I'd look at TJM and ARB

The only issue I have with the nissan bar is lack of high lift jacking points. There is a spot that a HLJ will go, but after one lift, the slot is damaged, (and I speak from experience). So if I had my time again I'd look at TJM and ARB

Same. .....

Those ECB bars look great but my understanding was that an alloy bar couldn't take a winch without a winch cradle being mounted to the chassis? Are the ECB bars manufactured from a higher grade of alloy that is as strong as a steel bar?

The TJM has the additional winch cradle also(both steel and alloy bars). IMO thats the better way of doing it. If you have seen the TJM cradle its solid as.

lol and here i am thinking one day i'm going to need to jack it up in that spot on the bar. so it will get damaged :(

wish i could do a straight swap with a tjm bar :D

i have a ironman bullbar deluxe bar havent had any issues with
but then again im not a off road fanatic

yes its true the bar is lighter then arb and tjm but i wasnt going to complain
about the price i paid for the bar which i got for $1k

I've got an ARB bar on my D22 and it's not as solid or heavy as the 10 year old ARB bar on my previous 4x4. Don't get me wrong, it's very well finished and fits the lines of the vehicle well and the welds are very good.

It's just not what I'd call 'solid'... not compared to the old bull bars anyway, but from what I've seen none of the modern bars are as thick/heavy/solid as the old style ones anyway.

Having said that if the Ironman one is substantially thinner/weaker than the current ARB bar (which verges on being a bit thin and light in my opinion) then I'd be looking elsewhere.

Back