Metallic Rattle in 2010 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkarlos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My new D22 has done 320 k's so far.
I drove on a dirt corrogated road for about 5 k's and noticed a loud metalic rattle or vibration coming from underneath somewhere. Sounds kinda like a cable slapping on the exhaust or similar. It comes and goes intermitedly and seems to be independant of engine revs. I had a good look underneath the car when I got home but was unable to find where it may be coming from. The exhaust seems to be well away from things that may be causing a vibration of that sort. This has got me tossed. Has anyone else out there had this problem??? Yeah I know, it hasn't been back for the 1000 k service yet but you know what the Nissan aftersales service is like. I thought I may as well ask here first and then get back to nissan afterwards.
Thanks guys,
Bigkarlos.

At the risk of being told D22's don't have problems wasn't someone else on here recently having trouble with a 2010 D22 and something to do with the springs causing a rattling or vibrating noise?

At the risk of being told D22's don't have problems wasn't someone else on here recently having trouble with a 2010 D22 and something to do with the springs causing a rattling or vibrating noise?

yes that was me. have been told a sensor caused it all and is getting replaced this week. I dont see how a faulty sensor can cause that. :/

Its the rattle sensor, it's suppose to dull the noise so therefore when it doesn't work you hear all the rattles. Get it replaced ASAP.

I had a ratlling sound on 2009 d22 navara and it was the heat shield for the exhaust on the passenger side. Just check that coz it could be that.

I found out what it was!!! Sheesh!
It was the jack handle touching the rear fire wall behind the back seat. The "T" at the end of the handle. I wrapped some rag around it and problem solved. Bloody hell, you would have thought that the factory would think about those things.

i tracked down 2 rattles in mine
first was easy , it was the jack handle
the second rattle turned out to be the intercooler shroud ,one of the 4 bolts on top had come loose and was making a terrible noise
now all the shit i store behind rear seat rattles
i fixed that by turning stereo up

By 800 ks our D22 '10 was rattling a fair bit specially from underneath somewhere when going around a bumpy bend doin around 100 kph a knocking noise? Also drivers door would squeak, after first service all like new again, misses was happy they obviously run a spanner over whole car

i tracked down 2 rattles in mine
first was easy , it was the jack handle
the second rattle turned out to be the intercooler shroud ,one of the 4 bolts on top had come loose and was making a terrible noise
now all the shit i store behind rear seat rattles
i fixed that by turning stereo up

i like the way you think outside the box ... :cheers!:

Nissan actually make an aftermarket rag to wrap around the jack handle for $327 + Gst. Only available for the D40 at the moment.

Latest posts

Back