Flared Guard Fixings?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Anyone know of a part number, manufacture or where to get the plastic fixings for the guards on an 2005 D22 STR?

Took one out when i had my tyre fall off last week :sarcastic:

Cheers

this is a old thread but me posting in it will save another thread being made.

i have fixed my flare from a forum day out with some of the guys on here and a few mates etc. i wiped out a flare when missing a drop off and slipping into it and getting recovered ripped it clean off, breaking every clip on it and busting 3 of 5 small lugs. after ringing about 10 panel beaters between brownsplains and springwood and being told that i would have to get econd hand flare with all lugs still in tact and get it resparayed and new seal etc etc etc. all the usual bs stories i hear when really it can be fixed and they are just lazy. So me being me set to work in trying to recover my now broken flare and get it installed back on the car within the week. Well the week didnt happen i got busy etc etc.

so here we are its fixed and i have a few pictures to show.

Firstly i cleaned the inside of the flare up with some Diggers wax and grease remover $10 from bunnings but i already had it from doing my DIY sprayon tubliner.
IMAG0225.jpg

then came making sure all the paper thing brackets will go back into there original position and they did. so out came a tube of araldite(this stuff is a premix style so its mixed by the time it comes out the nozzle. whole $10 from bunnings for a 24g tube
IMAG0224.jpg

let the araldite dry properly. i think it says 30mins till full hardness and strength but is 5min touch set. so after the araldite is set inspect the lugs make sure they havent slid(mite be better to make sure they havent slid before it sets :S). then i decided i would beef them up a lil bit so next time the rip the inner gaurd off aswell not just the flare. I purchased a Diggers Fibreglass Kit from Bunnings and it cost me $29.98, i think there is a cheaper one at $19.98 or something. so i wrapped the lugs in fg sheet made sure it would work then mixed the correct mixture of resin and catalyst and set to work.

1. brush some resin mix around the lugs and any where you are gonna put the glass sheet.
2. lay the glass sheet stuff ontop of the resin
3. then DAB, dont brush some more resin over the top of the glass sheet and amke sure a decent coat is done.

should end up with something lilke this (MAYBE)
IMAG0227.jpg

i went a lil further and put some fibreglass resin and sheet inside the bottom section of the flare cause i wanted to make it lil stronger
IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

let it all dry and ring around for CASH spray quotes and pick the best and whichever one you think will do the neatest job.

so again let it dry for 24hours + a lil more. if you cna spare a few days it will be better. so i took it to my local panel beater and $100 is all it cost me to get it stripped and resprayed in the colour match for my car QM1 Polar White. took it in friday got a call monday to say it was done and ready for pick up. picked it up today and also got the new plastic clip lugs and fitted them all in. there are 4 white lugs and 1 yellow. yes they are different. $1.50 for white lugs and $2 for yellow. $8 but for some reason i got them for $6 thansk nissan :D

i had some left over white automotive silicone in the cupboards SIKAFLEX 227. rana small bead on the inside edge of the rubber flare seal and put it onto the flare. then pushed the flare onto the gaurd starting at the front and working to the back. ALL of the clips were spot on with the hole clips in the gaurd. screwed all innner gaurd back on and mudflap and i have a finished product.

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

so for a costings:

Fibreglass kit $30 (will do another 10 or so flares of the same damage)
White and Yellow Lug things $6
Strip and Respray $100
Silicone (probably not needed) $5-10 (for end total i will use $10)
Araldite 24gram $10

Total $156ish(i say ISH cause prices will vary.)(my spray quote was not my cheapest but i thought the cheap bloke was a dodgey fella he wanted to charge $80)

so thats my run down and if you think its repairabel save a few $$ and reapir it.

also other quotres i had were between the $400-$700 for a new flare repainted with new clips new rubber seal(not even installed)

Goodlucks

Latest posts

Back