New ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splinter

Reaction score
Took delivery of new D22 dual cab a week ago. Polar white in colour. Towbar fitted, moulded floor mats and got the Defense care pack. Lined the tub with Rhino coat this week and planning to have underbody coated with bitumous emulsion as Rhino agent said electronic anti-rust device won't stop surface rust. Any thoughts on that? Underbody treatment quoted at $450, not too bad for peace of mind. Staggered at the lack of storage space in the D22. One recess in the dash you would'nt get your ipod into.
Only two of us plus the dog, so using as extra cab with two doors. Bought the ARB compressor in a box with ARB tyre inflator and deflator. Had it on the beach but going gently until run in. Lurve the truck. Even though detuned, has a power band around 1500 to 2500rpm and plenty of torque.
Looking forward to hitching up the Avan Cruiseliner and heading off before long. Would welcome any comments or suggestions guy's. Use will be mainly black top running, nothing too severe planned for the near future, and as always limited funds. Cheers, Splinter.

Welcome.

Nice choice of colour to.

Mine has the spray on rust protection under it, I am happy with it.

That small recess your talking about is a business card holder.

Hey Splinter I too wondered about electronic rust prevention. I have heard 3 first hand stories supporting them which has convinced me to put it high on the Navs to do list. One of the stories went like this-

A landcruiser that resides in Broome and belongs to a local fisherman and is on the beach almost daily was being parked in a garage when some steel that had been stored in the roofspace of garage gouged the top of roof of vehicle back to bare metal,6 months later gouge was still silver. The guy telling me this story knows the vehicle personally and has run same thing on an 80 series for 5 years and has just put 1 on his new 100 series, he swears by them.

Another guy I know had 1 on a Pajero no rust after 10yrs even though car had been drowned in salt water on 1 occasion.
A company in Midvale supply only the 1 im looking at approx $330 if your interested I will post their number on this thread.

I would be interested to hear of others experiences with these

Welcome.

Nice choice of colour to.

Mine has the spray on rust protection under it, I am happy with it.

That small recess your talking about is a business card holder.

Hi Dave,
LOL! Be great if I was in business! Yes, I think Ill get the underbody treatment as well. Charlies comment re electronic anti rust device indicates there are different types available. Mine was a part of the "Defense Pac", so not sure if as good as the one Charlie mentions. I'm in Perth and Beam Rustproofing are the warranty agents for Defense Pac as well as Rhino coatings. The manager at Beam told me the electronic device won't stop surface rust, but will prevent rust getting into the metal, hence my interest in underbody treatment. I see other comments saying this shape now dated, but i reckon they still look great. Look better than any other dual cab fourbies in my opinion. I asked dealer if oil changed at first 1,000 free service. He said no. What are your thoughts? I know clean oild and good filtration the life of the engine and I was thinking seeing as is running in might be an idea to have oil and filter changed.
Thanks for your comment!
Splinter

Go see a Ming dealer.

It can be done heaps cheaper without going through the dealer.

Hey Splinter I too wondered about electronic rust prevention. I have heard 3 first hand stories supporting them which has convinced me to put it high on the Navs to do list. One of the stories went like this-

A landcruiser that resides in Broome and belongs to a local fisherman and is on the beach almost daily was being parked in a garage when some steel that had been stored in the roofspace of garage gouged the top of roof of vehicle back to bare metal,6 months later gouge was still silver. The guy telling me this story knows the vehicle personally and has run same thing on an 80 series for 5 years and has just put 1 on his new 100 series, he swears by them.

Another guy I know had 1 on a Pajero no rust after 10yrs even though car had been drowned in salt water on 1 occasion.
A company in Midvale supply only the 1 im looking at approx $330 if your interested I will post their number on this thread.

I would be interested to hear of others experiences with these

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your reply. I replied to Dave, so see my comment there, but it appears the electronic devices seem to work. I had one installed on a Suzi Vitara but didn't have the car long enough to comment on how well it worked. Regretted selling the Suzi but not anymore! I'm rapt with the Nav. I can see me, wifey and the dog having a lot of fun with this vehicle. Had an X-Trail before this and dog was always hanging her head out the window. I tried her in the tub after I had it Rhino coated and she just loves it, tail wagging the whole time, ears flapping in the breeze and tongue hanging out. They're funny! I think we can learn a lot from our dogs, if we take the time to learn. Forever in the now and enjoying every minute of it.
Thanks again and take care,
Splinter :)

Latest posts

Back