Drawers for D22 Tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas

Reaction score
Howdy all,

just wonder who has storafe drawers in their D22, either custom made or a brough system. I have noticed a few cheap known brand drawer systems out there lately and have considered modifying a set to suit.

i would like to organise my tools better in my ute, i have the standard tub, 2010 d22.

any ideas would be appreciated,

cheers.

Bumping old thread

Ok so the time is coming when I'm actually thinking draws will be much better suited then the series of boxes we pack each time we go camping etc. I already have a fridge slide mounted to the tub and wish to keep it in location due to fridge design, size and canopy design. So this leaves me with half a tub left on the left hand side. Does anyone have any pictures of the tubs with just one draw fitted on left hand side? I've got a basic design in my head so far and I won't be using hinges I'll be using formply and boat skids.

Rusty

Bumping old thread Ok so the time is coming when I'm actually thinking draws will be much better suited then the series of boxes we pack each time we go camping etc. I already have a fridge slide mounted to the tub and wish to keep it in location due to fridge design, size and canopy design. So this leaves me with half a tub left on the left hand side. Does anyone have any pictures of the tubs with just one draw fitted on left hand side? I've got a basic design in my head so far and I won't be using hinges I'll be using formply and boat skids. Rusty

Hi Rusty,

Try BIG GUS.
He has just upgraded his drawer system,and yes it is on the left-hand side.

Maybe he could provide you some photos??

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Wish you could tag people in threads like you can with Facebook lol. I'll chase him down if he doesn't see this thread. 😁

Aeons ago I made a set from 1" alloy rhs for the frame and draw runners, a bunch of sealed alternator bearings I think they were 9x19 with a 6mm hole - they were cheap anyway.
Cladded the lot in formply and contact cemented some outdoor carpet on the top and trimmed it in 1/2" alloy angle on all the top and front of drawers. I think the slam latches for the draws were $25 each
Cost about $300 for the project so saved $1k on bought prices at the time.

Unfinished but will give you the idea.

image-2239627519.jpg

The whole centre section can be removed so it can be used as a ute.

image-2043524723.jpg

Need to paint the frame black.

image-2049966889.jpg

Fridge can be spun for easy access

Bumping old thread

Ok so the time is coming when I'm actually thinking draws will be much better suited then the series of boxes we pack each time we go camping etc. I already have a fridge slide mounted to the tub and wish to keep it in location due to fridge design, size and canopy design. So this leaves me with half a tub left on the left hand side. Does anyone have any pictures of the tubs with just one draw fitted on left hand side? I've got a basic design in my head so far and I won't be using hinges I'll be using formply and boat skids.

Rusty

Hey Rusty, I will take some pics of mine and post tomorrow, sounds like it's just what you want.

Tops Gus. I'll wait patiently for your pics. :)

Here Rusty, this is what we did, there is enough room to put a 70Ltr fridge beside it, it if you want dimensions just ask :)
EDIT: Sorry they're up the wrong way... turn your head to the side.. lol

Attachments

• 20141211_054415.jpg
    20141211_054415.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 20141211_054424.jpg
    20141211_054424.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20141211_054506.jpg
    20141211_054506.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20141211_054535.jpg
    20141211_054535.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20141211_054552.jpg
    20141211_054552.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 98
Hey

Wow GUS must have missed this reply. Not really what i ws chasing but i get what you have done by keeping it simple. So my design and layout has changed a it. I am waiting for a couple of quotes from cabinet makers and also one from DRIFTA Draw systems. I really like the way Drifta dont use drawer slides as it is another peice of equipment to rattle and break. I have been chasing down some teflon strips but dammmmm it is hard to find. Apart from boat trailer skids are am super limited on options. I am gonna try some different ideas like Polished alloy and some different plastics to see what comparison i can get.

The reason i am leanig towards no drawer slides is that it maximizes the usable draw space and one less item to break. I am aiming fro a full draw system including wing kit to fill in the existing space. flip up back storage area and wing kit will also be removable for storage.

Thanks
Russ

Latest posts

Back