Mickeys vs Bridgestone

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint.B

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Im stuck up in the mines in north w.a for a bit so im organising the mods to my D22 when I get home. 2 inch lift is first and then I need tyres.

So heres the question:

Mickey thompson 5 ribs vs Bridgestone Desert duelers.

Size - 265 75 16

Majority of offroading will be sand. I occasionally do mud / rock but not often. But when I do im solo in places where I certainly dont want to get stuck.

Im also considering the 4 ribs but if there is a significant difference in price / noise / consumption I will stick to the less aggressive tyre!

Dont hold back guys!

Cheers

Desert duelers are a pretty old technology tyre. I'd go the mickeys myself. Have you also considered the BFG all terrains?

I've always liked duelers, we've had them on Effy's, Cruisers and Hilux's but very few people seem to side with duelers these days.

I've just done all the the above and went 265/75/16 Cooper ST know heaps of people used them touring around Australia, excelent all-rounder

I haven't found a Bridgestone tyre of any description that I'd put on a hearse, let alone a car that I wanted to drive and arrive in one piece.

If those are your only choices, the Mickeys would be far superior. Actually, driving on bare rims would be superior, but let's put some rubber on anyway.

I've not long ago moved to BF Goodrich All Terrains (BFG ATs). 265/70R16s and I've had them in the wet as well - not a problem with grip, they handle positively and don't give off a lot of road noise. I would recommend these, despite their price ($360 each).

Interesting.

Has anyone heard of issues in regards to the BF a/t having tread seperation. Buldges in the side walls and steel wires coming through? And has it been rectified yet?

I am in the similar position, the original Bridgestone D693 tyres nearly worn out and looking at options.

Guy at work just replaced his old Coopers on his Patrol with Bridgestone D694LT tyres and he says they are fantastic compared to the Coopers.

I've not long ago moved to BF Goodrich All Terrains (BFG ATs). 265/70R16s and I've had them in the wet as well - not a problem with grip, they handle positively and don't give off a lot of road noise. I would recommend these, despite their price ($360 each).[/QUOTE]

Was shopping around a few weeks ago and cheapest I found was 310 a tyre.
And my 2c would be about what everyone else has said, I'm on bfg's and can't complain, no probes with the issues you mentioned before.

We've just come back after towing through some dirt tracks in a forest.

The BFGs behaved beautifully. Not a problem at all, grippier than the Continentals were, I'm very happy.

I could get 265/75R16s for $329 and maybe less, but the road size was higher and there was a good chance they'd rub on full lock if I was negotiating uneven ground. I went the 265/70R16s to avoid that (for those that can't see the difference look at the profile).

Interesting you say this about rubbing on full lock on uneven terrain. Ill have to make some enquiries when i get back home!

8000ks on str coopers r shit would would not put them on pushbike aftersale service shit i would not recomend 2 worst enemy there dealer service is the worst

^ What are your shocks like ?

Changed em ?

Thats probably 90% of the problem if there the originals.

Hi all

I need new tyres on my stock d22. At the moment I have BFG 265/70/16, they were on it when I bought it.

I do about 95% of my driving on road, but would like to go off road if I need to.
Got quoted $275 for Bridgestone D694 LT (from Bridgestone - Maitland).

Question is - should I stick with BFG or go with these D694's?

Whats better?

Cheers

Had a set of Bfg muddies on a pajero 10 years ago the older version of the km2's that are around now.
Currently run on my navara d22 265/75/16 cooper st's.

Do not have a problem with either tyres.
Just my 5 cents worth !!!

Would buy either again.

PSS

MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TYRE PRESURE OF ROAD OR ON >>.........

would recommend the mickeys for sure, very good milage. have not been able to fault them. i have ben running the mtz, however have got a mate running atz on a d40, he's a stock agent and does a lot of kms on farms, dirt roads and a fair bit of tar, he swears by them.

Got quoted $275 for Bridgestone D694 LT (from Bridgestone - Maitland).

I'm also looking at the moment.

Quote from Jax tyres BFG 694 A/T $354; Bridgestine Duelers $269; Pirelli Scorpion ATR $275;

Bob Jane wont sell BFG but prices same for others.

Kmart have Bridgestones for $265

All are quoting on 265 70 16 & I am leaning towards the Pirellis. :3gears:

Back