No grunt under load

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
OK folks just thought I share an experience I had today and only just resolved....at least as a short term fix until Mr Nissan can replace the hose. I have, for some time now, been experience small, sometime intermittent, but nonetheless losses of power while under load ie climbing hills especially with the camper in two. Run my Scangauge on several occasions - no fault code showing. Got Mr Nissan to run Consult....still no fault code. But the problem persisted. A few hours ago I thought I check all the sensor hoses inch by inch for pinholes....and what do you think I found? Not a pinhole but rather one of the hoses was fused (ie melted) to the metal casing of the sensor shown in the pics. I think the pics show the story..........so here you go!
I haven't looked up the manual yet so don't know the function of that hose but plugging the fracture has certainly given me back the grunt.

Attachments

• the_hose.jpg
    the_hose.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 193
  • the_fracture.jpg
    the_fracture.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 174
  • from_here.jpg
    from_here.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 182
  • to_here.jpg
    to_here.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 157
  • the_roadside_repair.jpg
    the_roadside_repair.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 158
Took the car to Mr Nissan (Lennock Motors in Canberra) - or rather the wife did as I'm working out of town - and the guys quickly check her out but unfortunately did not have the part in stock. Did an inventory check and the hose is not available in Australia and will take 6 weeks to source from the OEM. The wife told them that we are heading out of a 3 week trip to Oxley Wild Rivers area and the guys did an interim fix by replace the hose with new stuff. Lennock have ordered the OEM part and will give me a call when it comes in.

Can't complain about the service and I was really happy enough to leave the aftermarket piece of hose in place......it's fit for purpose stuff but Lennock team insisted that it was important that they do all warranty work with OEM parts.

Took the car to Mr Nissan (Lennock Motors in Canberra) - or rather the wife did as I'm working out of town - and the guys quickly check her out but unfortunately did not have the part in stock.....

So did they have a look at the car or just check your missus out? :sarcastic:

That's the Turbocharger Boost Control Solenoid Valve in picture 3. All of those hoses should have vacuum present, the vacuum pump is on the driver's side of the engine. The hoses are also connected to the EGR valve on the driver's side front of the motor (you'd have to remove the plastic cowling to see it), the turbocharger actuator and the air intake.

No big surprise that a split in that hose caused problems, your turbocharger vanes wouldn't have opened = no boosting.

No big surprise that a split in that hose caused problems, your turbocharger vanes wouldn't have opened = no boosting.

There must've been a smidgen of vacuum in the hose Tony as I was reading up to 21 MAP on the Scangauge......but once I sleeved and taped the crack that would climb to 28 +

Latest posts

Back