Nissan snorkel confusion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniden

Reaction score
Thought i better ask before i spend the $. Popped into local nissan parts, to buy the snorkel to suit the new dual-battery fitted navaras. As far as i know, this snorkel is different to the non-dual-battery ones.
But the guy was adamant that one suits all, and he only has one part number on his screen. I didn't end up buying it since i'm pretty sure that the one for the dual-battery has different duct routings under the bonnet, obviously.
Which one of us is wrong?

here is a pic of the dual batt one, if some one has a pic of the old one you can be sure

Attachments

• DSCF0420.JPG
    DSCF0420.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 183
Thought i better ask before i spend the $. Popped into local nissan parts, to buy the snorkel to suit the new dual-battery fitted navaras. As far as i know, this snorkel is different to the non-dual-battery ones.
But the guy was adamant that one suits all, and he only has one part number on his screen. I didn't end up buying it since i'm pretty sure that the one for the dual-battery has different duct routings under the bonnet, obviously.
Which one of us is wrong?

hi
i have researched this as i am fitting one soon
arb will also try and tell you they are all the same,they aren't
the dual battery snorkel is different from a single battery model,the ductwork under bonnet is different
the one you need is a tjm airteck (genuine nissan)
tjm stock them aprox $470 supply only
so do nizzbits approx $350
cheers

I'll put my hand up for Nizzbits as well. Great bloke and extra easy to deal with!!!!

Cheers Brad

hi
i have researched this as i am fitting one soon
arb will also try and tell you they are all the same,they aren't
the dual battery snorkel is different from a single battery model,the ductwork under bonnet is different
the one you need is a tjm airteck (genuine nissan)
tjm stock them aprox $470 supply only
so do nizzbits approx $350
cheers

Yeh i don't care where i buy it from. But i might buy them nizzbitz as i've bought stuff from him before. And save a bit of $. But, i just wanted to make sure i get the right one. Although i'm not too sure about fitting it my self. When i was booking the bull bar i asked the ARB dude, about it and he too said, the snorkels are different, and only the Airtec and the gen nissan ones will do for the dual battery setups. ARB can fit it for me, but i'd have to source it from nissan or elsewhere.

As long as the snorkel is for a 2.5l engine it will fit. I no a nissan rep and that ehat he sed. The dudes at nissan no fuck all. So if it is a 2.5l engine snorkel it wil fit. I have one On my nav

there are 2 types for the 2.5
dual battery
single battery
single battery snorkell WONT FIT a dual battery model

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back