Charity Event

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxxy

Reaction score
Hi all
I belong to a new 4wd club in Brisbane called The Motley Crew and we are holding a charity event in October this year - Just thought I would post up details here and see if any of you guys are interested in coming along

Cheers all and thanks

Do you want a weekend away camping, 4wding, fishing, golfing and having fun AND helping to raise some money for worthwhile charities?

Then come and join The Motley Crew at Glendon 4wd and Camping Grounds on the weekend of October Fri 2nd to Monday 5th. YES it is a long weekend in NSW only and YES it is the final of the NRL but we have that covered. (we hope). A big screen TV will telecast the grand final and we are hoping Queenslanders can take the Monday off and make it a long weekend and the NSW members can make the journey.

The Motley Crew are supporting the Kim Walter Choices programme who provide support for breast cancer sufferers and their families by way of clinical education, counselling, peer support and much, much, more. For more detailed information please visit their website The Wesley Hospital - Choices - Home . We are also supporting the Prostate Cancer Research being undertaken at the Wesley Hospital.

These deadly diseases affect thousands of people every year and need the support of community efforts such as this to be able to continue the excellent work they do. It affects people dear to us, people we know and people we don’t know.

The weekend will focus on family participation with fun 4wd events planned, events for the kids, golf competitions and fishing competitions plus huge raffles, auctions, entertainment and moderate 4wd guided tours. Some fun events in the planning stages are an egg and spoon race where the passenger holds and egg on a spoon out the window whilst the driver negotiates an obstacle course and an Oz Tent folding competition. Oz Tent have already kindly donated the tents to run this event so THANK YOU OZ TENT. More ideas for events are certainly welcome

To make this a success we need YOU the 4wding community to say YES we want to be part of this. What a great way to show that we as 4wding individuals are not just about going bush and carving up the countryside (as so many of the “ordinary people believe”). We have the chance to show that we are community minded as well and care about what goes on around us.

We need to get an idea of how many people are definitely interested in making this weekend so we can organise facilities at the park at the earliest opportunity, they have indicated if we can get 100 vehicles attending they will close off the park and make it exclusive to us, so the earlier we can get an idea of attendances the earlier we can arrange the final fees and spots for the weekend. It is estimated the cost for camping Friday to Sunday night will be $80 per vehicle per camp site and $100 for powered sites (powered sites are a first in first served basis). If you intend coming in a group we would need to know how many you estimate will be in that group, so we can try and keep you together.

More detailed information will be sent when you register for the event.

We do need more volunteers to help as well as we are only a small club at the moment so if you would like to lend a hand, let me know when you put your name down.

Most importantly we need SPONSORS, so if any of you forumites would like to offer sponsorship if any shape or form (cash or prizes etc) please PM me with a contact number and I will ring and discuss the arrangements with you personally.

So come on all – stick your name down as an indication of attendance and let’s show all those non 4wders that we care. Please send an email to me [email protected] so I can add you to the mailing list and send out regular updates via email

Cheers
Boxxy

Interested but can't commit this far out. Just registering interest I suppose. Also looking for a 4wd club to become part of so I will have a look around your site.

Cheers.

Interested but can't commit this far out. Just registering interest I suppose. Also looking for a 4wd club to become part of so I will have a look around your site.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply, would be great to get a heap of Navara's to this one
As far as The Motleys go - if you want to check us out we have our monthly meeting on Sunday 31st May, if you are interested I can PM you the address

Cheers
Boxxy

Just need to bump this one up guys - any takers to attend this yet?

Cheers
Boxxy

UPDATE

We have added a clubkhana to this fundraiser - 6 events that don't rely on speed to complete, more fun,luck and concentration
There are indvidual prizes for winners of each section as well as overall plus a teams event, so team up with some mates or bring your club, hopefully this will be big

Registartions are now open via our website The Motley Crew and there is a Early Bird Prize draw for those participants who register and pay before 31st August - NOW EXTENDED TO 11TH SEPTEMBER

1st prize - Set of pink Maxtrax, donated by Maxtrax
2nd prize - Hot lap at Qld Raceway in Planbuilders Lotus race car
3rd prize - Megapulse First Aid for Rust system

Cheers
Boxxy

Last edited:
The time is drawing nearer so is there anyone at all from this forum interested in attending?

Cheers all
Boxxy

Hi everyone
As you all know Furniture Court are the major Sponsors of our Charity Clubkhana
Their offer initially was to sponsor the event but with no pre determined $ amount. The $ amount was to be determined by the amount they could raise by holding a charity auction at their annual presentation night with half proceeds going to us to add to our tally and the other half to the Chinese Orphanage Assistance Team(C.O.A.T.S.)
That presentation and auction night was held last Wednesday night and I am pleased to announce that as a result of their efforts, the overall total raised was $15,120 making the total contribution coming to us in the form of sponsorship is:
$7,500
In addition to that, Janda Furniture, one of the suppliers to Furniture Court has pledged to raise the total to overall to $20,000 if our member stores order 20 of a particular lounge suite today at the Furniture Mart that they hold 3 times a year. So if that does occur, our tally could reach $10,060. Will let you know how that goes.

In total we now have Donations and Sponsorships of $9,860 in cash or cheque, with all money raised at the Charity Clubkhana to be added to it.
What a fantastic result so far, so thank you everyone for your efforts and the time you are giving up to make this all possible, raffle tickets are selling well as we have over $5,000 worth of prizes plus over $2,500 to auction.

Cheers all
Boxxy

Last edited:
That's great to hear about your success, best of luck with it all, you're doing a great thing. Gonna run an event down south any time soon??? :big_smile:

good luck with the event, what sort of attendance are you looking at?

id like to come but with a blown diff im out of luck.

boxxy are you from hervey bay or was in the bay about a month ago?

cause i went around the corner and there was a blue d22 navara towing a camper trailer going down dolong road, and i had a look cause i saw motley crew and thought i new that name from some where.

That's great to hear about your success, best of luck with it all, you're doing a great thing. Gonna run an event down south any time soon??? :big_smile:

Thank you mate - might have to look at south next time going by the response up here LOL

good luck with the event, what sort of attendance are you looking at?

Thanks Joshy, attendance not as good as we had hoped but the event will go ahead anyway, we figure whatever we raise from here will be more than what the charities had before we started anyway. Would have loved a better response from Qld'ers, bit dissapointing really, we had a chance as
4wders to band together and show the ordinary person that we care too.
There is plenty of room left if anyone from here would still like to attend - just turn up and register
Would love a team of Navara boys to show, would put a bit of shame through some of the other forums

Thanks guys for all your best wishes, i am off early to set up so will catch you all the other side of the weekend

Cheers
Boxxy

Latest posts

Back