D40 RX king cab vs Hilux Extra cab c/c

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone Im a farmer in central west NSW looking to update from a Patrol trayback to an extra cab for farm work and towing on dirt,gravel and tar
Have narrowed it down to the two vehicles above,but both seem to have faults particulairly clutches ,DP filters and inadequate fuel filtering for common rail diesels.
The D40 is about $7k cheaper ,but will need a lift kit for more clearance and protection plates underneath and has better load and towing capacity than the Hilux but not sure of the longevity of the 2.5 lt motor punching out 126 kw.
Advice anyone ?
Thanks
turbo

Last edited:
Pro and cons for both, but 7k cheaper is a big factor. Clutchh problems were mainly on 06 model, but you can get aftremarket one for $1500, so your still miles ahead. Buy the Nav and spend another 7k on it and you'll have one awesome truck.

Id go the D40.

Me personally I hate Hilux's though I now the old shape where a good bit of gear but the new ones live off the reputation of the old ones.

The YD25 is not that stressed when you look at the BMW X5 with it huge power and torque, new technology gives big gains. However Indirect injection motors are better for down low torque.

Thats where the TD42Ti wins.

Dave.

I own a stx nav king cab on a farm. Yeah if you use your ute to chase stock the nav is very turbo laggy next minute spinning tyres I found the hilux spools up a lot quicker and will idle in first gear no worries mine I jave to put in 4Lo to feed out hay it just wont potter along. The Nav is great tow vehicle and on road but not my next choice of farm vehicle.
My ute has a lift kit which your right it definately needs the doors on the nav are great but so far mine have dissappointed rattling from rough terrain all time so far no fix has worked. Nav has longer wheelbase and takes a load a lot better with a longer legal tray i think mine is 7ft 4". I am having troubles at the moment which no other kingcab has found yet of dust entering the motor thru the air filter. The manual Nav has no DPF not sure about the hilux.

Latest posts

Back