replacment door seals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if someone can tell me where to get new door seals for my D40. I have contacted my local Nissan dealer and they are getting back to me. But I was wondering if there are aftermarket ones or any other places that may charge less than the spare parts department at Nissan (I know its going to be a ridiculous price, when they get back to me)
Cheers,
Martin

No idea where you are located but try using Google and you'll get quite a few responses. I know there used to be a place near Oakliegh station in Melbourne who did door seals but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place.

Do you mind me asking what happened to the door seals?

Try asking a mechanic or one of the 4WD stores.

According to Google maps the guy in Oakleigh is now only doing old model rubber so he might not be able to get you what you need anyway, but I'm sure there has got to be someone local who can source it or make it for you.

Do you mind me asking what happened to the door seals?

Try asking a mechanic or one of the 4WD stores.

I got the car second hand.
The right hand side edge of the drivers seat and the door seal on the same side are stuffed. Looks like whoever used to own it sat on the seat first getting in and then spun around wiping out the door seal every time while doing so.
Its only really the one seal that is buggered but thought i would replace them all.

It has a huge split in it and is compressed fairly well to nothing. Wouldn't hold out water at all i don't think.

Hi there,
Clark Rubber stores do a whole heap of different shaped and sized rubber extrusions - including the ones with the metal clamp inside for car doors.
Give them a go.

I think you'll find the cost some US company's use is outrageously high because of the freight company they choose. I'm sure you'll get them locally before having to look O/S, did Nissan get back to you with their ridiculous price?

I think you'll find the cost some US company's use is outrageously high because of the freight company they choose. I'm sure you'll get them locally before having to look O/S, did Nissan get back to you with their ridiculous price?

They sure did!!
$325+ freight from Melbourne to Adelaide for 1 seal.
Can get to me in 3-4 working days.

I'd rather get wet to be honest than pay that much for some rubber.

Is that Nissan's price? Why would you have to pay freight, that's like the bullshit some dealers try when they suggest the buyer should pay the freight to get the car between car yards, they want the sale they deliver it, especially if your dealing direct with a dealer.

Contact Nizzbits and see how much he wants for them, no idea how much feight he'd charge but I'm sure his price would be cheaper.

What about trying to pick one up second hand?? - there are often a few D40's being wrecked on ebay. I think there is an add on there now that is advertising all parts from 2 STXs. Or of course, try some new model wreckers....

Courtesy Nissan only uses UPS so freight is ridiculous. However the price of the part itself is roughly the same at most US dealerships.
Fontana Nissan will us USPS so it will come down to maybe about $60 for shipping.
The best way it so join ClubFrontier and contact the member who works at Fontana Nissan. He will look after you

Clark rubber was mentioned, They have a wide range of door seals and rubber for wheel arches
Yeah I will check them out next time I am in Mt. Barker. Pretty sure there is a Clarke Rubber store there.
I guess I want to stay OEM as much as possible because i want the best seal possible and aftermarket seals might not seal as well as OEM ones.
That is just my thinking and i may be terribly wrong.

Hey guys,
Got a reply from Scott at Fontana Nissan in the states and I quote:

"Hey Martin, You'd be looking at $58.66 plus shipping.
USPS would be about $46.00 if I can get it into a medium flat rate box
Scott"

I think this will be the path I will take. Thank you to everyone who put in.
I would hope that anyone else who needs to replace a seal contacts Scott as so far he has come through with the good (so to speak).

Guys

I apologise for digging up an old thread but I am interested in getting in touch with Scott @ Fontana via the frontier forums. Just wondering if anybody has a username for him on that forum so I can get in touch with him.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back