Calmini 5" Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCP4312

Reaction score
I have now decide to go with a 5" Lift in my D40 STX as i have just brought a 1991 Safari for my offroad adventures, Still want to use the D40 for going through the bush & beach on surf trips so need the clearance as it seems theses D40 have bugger all. Is it as simple as just bolting it in or do i have to buy extras other then the kit??? http://www.purenissan.com/NP17500fs1.jpg

there a D40 in Bundy with this kit on it but the owner is never round to have a chat. If I can find him I'll ask a few questions for you. Looks pretty good for the kit on tho

saw the D40 owner this arvo and ask a few questions. Yes - same kit, Calmini 5" lift, though the owner reckons TJM springs and coils (tough dog by the looks) added another 2". Nothing needs to be added to the kit. Took the owner and a mate 4 hrs to install, though I'd say they had some decent tools. Said the instructions were spot on and pretty clear. Only thing they reckon is a pain is the hand break isn't long enough and to buy a factory kit to extend is an extra $200.

No pics - was coming home from work.

Mentioned the forum so you never know - they might put it up here on soon.

theres a blue D40 king cab on here that I think has the 5". have a look in the garage section

I've been looking at this kit my self.
I cant find any other 4-5 inch lift kits, does anyone know if it is any good for Four Wheel Driving or is it only good for the height?
Obviously am going to replace the standard shicks and springs, just dont know about the other running gear that is the "kit".
Cheers.

The Calmini kit is brilliant off-road. Because it uses all factory geometry the suspension moves exactly like it does from factory and even utilises the factory springs. You get more downward movement of the front wheels than a normal 2" lift because the control arms stay flat. Only downside to it is you have to run bigger tyres to actually acheive any ground clearance under the front and rear diffs.

The 5" kit allows the fitment of 33's. I run 285/75R16 under mine.

Have never had mine stuck off-road and have never turned back when following Patrols/Cruisers off-road.

Good luck getting a reply from Snake racing.....I was keen to get mine through them but after countless emails i bit the bullet and got mine through Superior Engineering which I thing is just a rebadged calmini kit. Look in my Garage and you will see Mine, I run 305/70r16 mickey thompson claws and mine performs so well! yeah it is just a bolt in kit But as for fitting it in 4 hrs......I'm a diesel mechanic and I sure didnt get it done that quick.....maybe they had a 2 post hoist.

Yeah, me and my mate Josh fitted it in 4hrs with a 2 post hoist !! He's a sparky and I'm a window tinter !!

Back