Diff Breathers????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverd40

Reaction score
Hey,

Do 2010 st d40 come with diff breathers?? transfer breathers?? autotrans breathers???

Cheers Tim

they have to have breathers i wouldnt like they are extended from the factory tho its not hard to make your own extended 1's

OIC U SPK Engrish

oilcan.jpg

Haha grumpy aido strikes again. Yes they have breathers on there from factory. I checked mine and they all seem to sit up pretty high. Iv dropped my diff oil after being through some pretty deep bogholes and no traces of water.

There's a big thread in here on extending diff breathers if you do a search, should give you a bit more insight. Aido, is that warning thing real? That's a pissa.

UPDATE

Rear diff, Front Diff, Transfer-case, Auto-trans have Diff Breathers With hoses already connected.

Rear diff-breather is on the passenger side and runs to the drivers side chassis,
Front Diff-breather in on the passenger side and runs up into engine bay, but not very high.
Transfer-case and auto-trans (also has a 3rd breather coming from black box at rear of transfer case) breathers run along (3lines) transfer-case, along auto-trans and up onto back of engine block, again not very high.

I will be extending these lines much higher as i know i have been in deeper water to where these breather lines are..

i put mine on the pit the other day to see what i needed, i was impressed to see the extended lines already! im replacing mine in about 5 mins time as the hose is thin soft rubber. im going to use some thicker stronger hose and although the lines are extended, theres no actual breather on the end :( i got some neat little parker breathers from work wich il be adding. may even post some pics up later on.

Latest posts

Back