just a crazy idea about air to air ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STRbutts

Reaction score
So the cogs have been ticking again..I was having a look at a ZD30 patrol and noticed it had dual aircon. I didn't look under the bonnet though and wish I had now, but what do ya reckon the chances of them having two aircon compressors to facilitate this? and if the answer is yes, what do ya reckon the chances of mounting two aircon compressors to the ZD30 in the Navara are? Why? factory install mounting point and drive belts etc so you can have one compressor for your aircon and one to blow your tyres up with???

dual air con was probably a split air con system rather than dual pumps.
as for fitting another air con.... tricky. not a hug amount of room and the belts tensioner makes it tricky. unless your really hard core offroader electric air compressor is usually good enough.

your right, not much room. I already have an electric pump. not the greatest one on earth, just a projecta storm or something. worked fine for a few trips and the last time I went away and staked a tyre, I rushed around plugged the tyre and the bastard pump wouldn't blow the tyre up. just got stuck at 5psi. $150 down the drain. I do like what I've read about the air delivery of compressor pumps hence my thoughts. I also like the idea of plumbing a line to different points on the chassis. I'm by no means a hardcore 4wder but good air supply is such a handy thing. air beds, the various ski-toys we blow up and tow behind the boat up the river. blowing out air filters etc etc

I also like the idea of plumbing a line to different points on the chassis. I'm by no means a hardcore 4wder but good air supply is such a handy thing. air beds, the various ski-toys we blow up and tow behind the boat up the river. blowing out air filters etc etc

I've had this idea too and would like to add: rattle gun, air powered tools like angle grinders, air bag jacks, and air bags on rear suspension. Very useful, do it. :top:

Think about what you have in your garage at home.
Something like a 2.5hp compressor and 40 l tank.
This can quite easily be replicated in your car.
40l tank easy, just need room to mount it and/or use sliders/rear bar as an air tanks. coupled with a nice compressor(s)
Should be able to get a good system for around $500 (TIP: try minitruck shops)

multitudes of possibilities for use. I have thought about the minitruck / airbag scene and the bits they use. so I was heading that way. The compressor itself was the bit I want to make reliable and have mounted. I figured the aircon pump / endless air (apparantly they mod them) seemed to be the best delivery and they have to be reliable. I suppose the ARB pump would be easy enough to mount? I think there would be a nice spot on the front left corner of the bay once I get a snorkel and delete that poxy resonator box thing. I have a compressor in the shed. a 3HP job with a reasonable large tank and it works great. I am concerned about how hard a small comp will have to work when using a lot of air at a time. I suppose you can counter that by having as big a tank as possible??

Latest posts

Back