so many spotties to choose from....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
G day all,

im goin to buy a set of driving lights soon and just wanted to get a bit of feed back from guys to see what brand they have and if they are happy with them. any info here guys would be good cos im still undecided as what exactly i want, Cheers

Matty

ROO LITEs are good value for money
it really depends on what $$$$ you want to spend, I know a guy whos got those Hella predator or something the red framed things that are like a grand (see below like those), sure they are bright but fook me if you cant see past 500 meters with your lights on then you should not be driving at night.lol
I have the old type Hella rallye 2000's with a broad beam and a pencil beam, they suit me fine

0903dp_11_z+2008_gmc_sierra_3500_hd+hella_lights.jpg

I just got some 170 IPF's, they look nice and well made with no plastic mounting brackets. I havent had a chance to really use them much yet though.

I am running Narva Ultima 225's. Pretty good light, saved me from many kangeroo's and wombats.

They can shake on bumpy roads but pretty much all spotties do.

Thinking of getting 3-4 Hella Rallye 4000's to put behind the cab. Heard good things about them.

Dave.

I can recomend IPF's. I have a pair on the front of my D22 they really do light the road up like daylight.

I wouldn't recommend the Lightforce 170s, they are as good as you can get as a spot (240s are probably a bit better), but as a driving light where you do want some side spread they are shitful unless you buy the spread beam covers which people love to pinch.

I got the IPF 900's. to be honest I initially went with them because I liked the look of the construction and the colour, they werent HUGE like lightforce 240's in the bar and not to small like 170's. performance wise, I think they are ample. I went with two spots with the intention of upgrading the standard headlight globes for more spread. but depending on how well you have them aimed, they are plenty good enough for me. and the wiring loom and switch is real good too.

I am running Narva Ultima 225's. Pretty good light, saved me from many kangeroo's and wombats.

They can shake on bumpy roads but pretty much all spotties do.

Thinking of getting 3-4 Hella Rallye 4000's to put behind the cab. Heard good things about them.

Dave.

ditto, i love my 300 dollar pair of blue narva 225's and once someone tried to steal them, they failed!

lol, i had 3 locknuts of different sizes. he gave up after getting them half way undone XD

ive got 6 lightforces.. plenty of light even with green covers on. with the standard clear covers theres more then enough light and goes for ages.

i had 2 ipf rally 9000's on my navara,
but i got rid of them and put on light force XGT's,
and there bright and have lasted ages, as they were second hand when i got them

My old man is a auto sparky and he stands by hella. He says you ant beat the quality but you pay for it.

Well my budget for lights wasn't big so I went with a set of 180 Roo Lites and paid $210 for the pair. Pretty happy with them so far! You can focus them between spot and spread beams by turnig the whole reflector housing, I have both turn slightly turned towards spread and get plenty of light.

Cheers Brad

Well my budget for lights wasn't big so I went with a set of 180 Roo Lites and paid $210 for the pair. Pretty happy with them so far! You can focus them between spot and spread beams by turnig the whole reflector housing, I have both turn slightly turned towards spread and get plenty of light.

Cheers Brad[\

hows the quality of the roo lites, like do they look cheap or do they feel and look like they have been constructed well. also with the adjustment from pencil to spread beam is it a big difference or is it just slightly noticeable. thanks

matty

Hi matty! Quality seems to be very good, I had a close look at some Lightforce 170's today and they're nearly the same. Pretty tough. The store owner who sells both lightforce and roo lites, has the Roo Lites on his vehicle!
matty the ownly problem with the focusing is if you open it up too far you get a dark spot in the middle, but with a little bit of mucking around it's easy to strike a balance. Hope this helps!

Brad

I'm looking at chucking between 2 & 4 lights across the top of the ute on a roof rack/bar soon. Think it will be the Narva's from what I've read.

Hi matty! Quality seems to be very good, I had a close look at some Lightforce 170's today and they're nearly the same. Pretty tough. The store owner who sells both lightforce and roo lites, has the Roo Lites on his vehicle!
matty the ownly problem with the focusing is if you open it up too far you get a dark spot in the middle, but with a little bit of mucking around it's easy to strike a balance. Hope this helps!

Brad

Cheers Nevyn, thats good about the construction. just wasent sure as i havent actually seen a set in real life yet. ive read that they are pencil beams but when changing the focal point does it give off much light to the sides. Thanks mate

Matty

matty I think they have the potential to throw a lot of light too the sides, but I'm still messing with the settings as I still have them toeing slightly inwards at the moment
stay tuned..........................

Brad

Back