05 d22 bash plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey Navara dudes,
Was looking at making my own bash plate as I see it as almost a mandatory item but don't have the coin for one at the moment.
Anyone done this? I found a thread where a couple have done it, pms sent.
Anyone got any thoughts/advice/pics/info/insults for me?
Not expecting it to look super pretty but thought if I could get some steel from somewhere and look at bending and drilling it at least I might get some protection. I can access s bit of equipment where I work.
Cheers, Marcus

Marcus, the sump bash plate would not be too hard to make, given the right equipment. The difficult bit would be the rear mounting bit, I think you would need to get hold of one and copy it.
One thing on mine that's clever is the bolt head protectors.

Good luck in your quest Marcus, I am to slack to make it so after Cobaw :sad: i ordered 1 from TJM and 5 weeks later i am still waiting. They must have run out of iron ore in China

How much was yours Dave?
Not even sure if I'm capable but I'll get the truck
on the hoist at work and have a look underneath.

Marcus, the sump bash plate would not be too hard to make, given the right equipment. The difficult bit would be the rear mounting bit, I think you would need to get hold of one and copy it.
One thing on mine that's clever is the bolt head protectors.

you got a pic of these nifty bolt head protectors? I'm thinking of changing over to cuphead bolts with springs washers to try and save me shearing the heads off.

Joshman, the bolt head protectors are just (approx) 10mm sections of 50mm diameter steel tube, welded around the bolt holes. Really simple, but they take the battering prodecting the bolt heads. I put some pics up in the next day or so.

Love this website... 250 ain't bad actually, heata that's a great idea, I can see exactly what you mean by that, I'll add that tip to my design "brief" haha

If someone could show us a pic of a fitted bash plate that'd be cool. There's some kind of protection under there already between the radiator (back) and start of the diff. Is that no good coz we compared that to my mates cruiser and he's got all kinds of exposed steering components on display. We were actually impressed with the nav, but then again I know a whole lot of f@&k all about this stuff!

Thanks Heath, yeah some good pics there, don't reckon I could make something like that, I'll keep thinking it over...

Hey lads -

Here's a link to Al's ride - plates are on page 2 - I hope Al doesn't mind me borrowing these pics.

http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/325-als-ride.html

I have noticed a few TJM ones that have the holes in the front sump guard, and also that they are that gold colour. My TJM's are both black and no holes (except for access to the sump plug etc). Do you reckon the holes reduce their overall strength?

I am keen on Al's recovery hooks and are chasing some myself from Outback Ideas (apparently TJM sell them).

I am also inspired by his plate to cover the factory piece that connects to the bull bar - my factory one is bent and I am looking to fit something stronger.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey Darren
I'm waiting for a call back about those recovery points tomorrow, they're around the 90-100 mark for 2 from Outback 4x4 in Bayswater.
If youre interested pm me your number and I'll get 2 sets if you like.
The bash plates just confusing me cox when I look under the front of my car there's already a big plate covering everything that looks stock, is that just not strong enough?
Might talk to the blokes at Outback 4x4, they seem pretty good.
Cheers

I'm looking for someone who is in the Western Australia southern area who has these tjm/drown davis guards. I know someone who is using CAD and I would like to borrow some plates to draw them up and make a template for everyone. If someone is willing to part with either the sump-transmission guard and the rear diff guard for a couple of weeks (max) I will have time to draw them up for the whole forum.

This will be a great benefit for everyone. Inbox me if your willing to cheers.

I am also inspired by his plate to cover the factory piece that connects to the bull bar - my factory one is bent and I am looking to fit something stronger.

Cheers.

Picked a new one up today - custom made by Allform Sheetmetal in Morwell - 3mm steel checkerplate.

tjm

Marcus how you going trying to make sump guard. Good chance you might have 1 before me, Tjm in ballarat what can i say, Not much. I ordered 1 in 5 or 6 weeks ago and i am still waiting:sad:

Yeah the 4b shops don't seem to be in a hurry, was tryin to find recovery points but no one rings back!
I've been building an awning and doing a few other things to get ready for Easter camping so nah no bash plate.
Hopefully Cooper has a bit of luck with his plans here...
ALL IN WA READ ABOVE THREAD
Cheers

Back