child seat points in D40 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev777

Reaction score
I have just bought a D40 ST realising that there is no child seat restraint points but now wondering what to do about it.
Since it is for the grandkids it is not an everyday issue but we need to get it fixed.
Can you do it yourself (NSW rego)?
Can you get a kit?
or do they have to be certified?
I have been quoted $150 a point (= $300) from the Nissan dealer

I think your out of luck mate. I paid the $150 each point on my 2010 ST. Prob not something you want to DIY.

If you do them yourself, there's a good chance you'll be driving along fretting every moment about whether or not the points are strong enough or mounted correctly. I'd hate to have that eating away at me. Having them installed by the dealer (whether or not the spanner-wielding monkey actually IS more skilled is beside the point) will give you that peace of mind.

I think your out of luck mate. I paid the $150 each point on my 2010 ST. Prob not something you want to DIY.

Grg,

can you post some pics of the points you had put in. Keen on getting some done on my ST

Cheers
Cam

The kits for the D22 have been available on ebay but they aren't a regular item, chances are if you could find them they'd let you know if they made a D40 version. Realistically there is little to them and you could easily do them yourself if you had the tools and where with all.

In Vic RACV suggest mechanics that do the job so I'm guessing similar clubs in other states would also suggest local mechanics, although I'm fairly most mechanics would do the job it's more a case of if they want to.

Check out the D22 thread for child restraints and see who's listed mechanics that have done the job, I don't remember how many were there or what locations but I think a few people have offered up names and places.

Grg,

can you post some pics of the points you had put in. Keen on getting some done on my ST

Cheers
Cam

I'll get some pics on the weekend mate.

I got mine done at the dealer before delivery so am unsure of supplier they use however they are a standard option from the dealers.

was just about to ask where you got yours done Grg. im making a special trip to perth to get some put in mine. getting 3 put in and mod plated by T & L Engineering for $319. $88 a point and $55 for the mod plate. Aparantly a part of the back of the cab has been reenforced at factory for them to acually be fitted so it sounds like its just a case of drilling and bolting them in.

Ill post up pics once its been done if any wants to see how its done.

The people who fit them are called "type 2 child restraint installers" if you go on the dept of transport for your state or call them there should be a print out of licenced installers for your state. Thats what i did. I also rang roadwise to double check.

Jack

Back