Rear wheel / half shaft bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartebk

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum, I have abit play on one of my rears and think it could be the bearing.
I have just been to Nissan who don't supply just the bearing but will sell me a half shaft with bearing / seals included for £691.40!!!!! :wtf:
Surley I can just get a specific bearing / seals as, to my knowledge, there is no problems with the actual half shaft?
Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated

your talking the wrong money they are about $1200 here. i have a left axle assy sitting in my shed that has done 27,000km. thanks to a useless person at the dealer who replaced the axle and the seal in the housing must have been too much trouble because it still leaked and mr nissan said no warrenty for doing 27,000km in 7 months. it is avalible to any forum members in oz who needs it to get out of trouble and back on the road for a small price + freight.

If you Google ebay navara half shaft bearings, lo & behold- theres sets available for around 90 pound a side, much cheaper than complets half shafts from your local Stealership

Cheers, Pete

yeah i lus paid 1250 for each half shaft is a serious issue that needs to be sorted its just a rort. problem needs to be solved

In a live axle car surely they just have a press on bearing not a floating hub assembly like an R51!

Just need to find what the bearing is.

i just got my seals fixed the reason why you have to bye the whole half shaft cause nissan just dont sell the bearing and seal and it is patented or something and you cant get any after market seals like it. the seals and bearings come all in seperate packages but nissan just dont sell the seals my mechanic had to assemble it all.just another rort from nissan:cheers!:devil:

Should be able to replace bearings they dont look that different from any others

IMG_0810.jpg

The axle tubes have the seals
look on the shafts above the sensor wheel for the ABS and you can see the polished rings around the shafts

well the theory would be that we should be able to buy them too .
Have posted the question on ClubFrontier as there is way more chance someone there would have more info

Any luck in finding out more info from the frontier site Aussie ??

A friend of mine has just had her mechanic tell her that the rear bearing is gone.
the scary part of the story is the price she was quoted to replace the whole unit.

I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative for her, but it looks like there might not be any.
What a scam from Nissan $1250 :shocked: :eek:

There is a parts shop here in mackay that do bearing kits for $500 and do exchange axels for $650

rear wheel bearing kit cheap

Hi all,new to this forum but had to get on here to let members know about what happend with my sons nissan d40 2007 spanish model.Rear seal was leaking so he go,s to autoshop price is $200 aside. buys one kit. Comes & ask if I can give him ahand fitting kit.And tells me price. so off we go to coalfeilds bearings complete kit one side $44 big difference +$40 to get abs pressed off & bearing & seals all assembled.

Hi all,new to this forum but had to get on here to let members know about what happend with my sons nissan d40 2007 spanish model.Rear seal was leaking so he go,s to autoshop price is $200 aside. buys one kit. Comes & ask if I can give him ahand fitting kit.And tells me price. so off we go to coalfeilds bearings complete kit one side $44 big difference +$40 to get abs pressed off & bearing & seals all assembled.

Thats a HUGE difference and an even BIGGER difference from a GENUINE part.
Good to know, thanks for the tip.

Nissan Half shaft bearing rear

Hi all, i am having the same problem with my navara for the rear wheel bearing. Do anyone know what is the bearing number for it? I had problem finding the right supplier and sadly my old bearing was thrown away by stupid mechanic

Cheers

I also changed the oil seal with an original one, but it still leaking and I don t want to change the whole half shaft !!!

is there any solution ????

you can take the seal out or get a new one and before you install it,carefully remove the spring. if you twist it where it joins it will come apart , one end will be cone shaped. get some side cutters and cut about 5mm off the other end of the spring (not the cone end). then put it back together and install. the spring puts extra tension on the seal making up for the worn shaft. I have done this and it works a treat..

Starting this job on the weekend and almost got 1 axle done but didn't make much progress as it was 40 deg outside (and the shed was even hotter!)

I'm about to put it all back in the car and have a quick question...The manual says not to reuse the orange/brown axle shaft guide or ABS tone ring. The tone ring should press back on OK and the axle guide doesn't appear to have any wear on it as it is bigger than the inner seal - but just want to confirm if others have reused them....

Thanks.

For reference the bearing kit details are: Part number 5160 (from Bearing wholesalers) ~$65 per side

IMG_0031_zpsfaf3a86f.jpg

IMG_0030_zps8f217330.jpg

Last edited:
Back