Got new mud shoes today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOGZ STR

Reaction score
Hey guys picked up some mud tyres today. Went for a second set for when i go and play in the bush.

I got Insa Turbo Specail Track 265/75R16 on 16x8 Black Dynamic rims

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

Now here comes the kicker, found that my drivers side kinda has a problem.

the spacing in between the knobs on the tyres and the inner guard (see pic below) is out by 11-13mm on the drivers side, seems to be closer by that much. So on full lock it rubs a little but the passenger side is ok.

Also had to wind the torsion bars up and remove the mudflaps, the drivers side had to go up alot more than the passenger side to make it level.

You have to love my paint skillz

SPACING.jpg

Would a wheel alignment fix this?? worst case i have the car on a hoist at westerns ARB on Tuesday getting the rear springs replaced finally, I can get them to look at it then

They look sweet, nice and agressive. if you changed the torsion bar height at all, i'd be getting a wheel alignment ASAP. i took about 4mm of my last set within about a week after winding mine up. they were buggered anyway so i didn't mind so much, but with new tyres on id be much more careful. not sure if an alignment will fix the spacing issue though???

They look sweet, nice and aggressive. if you changed the torsion bar height at all, I'd be getting a wheel alignment ASAP. i took about 4mm of my last set within about a week after winding mine up. they were buggered anyway so i didn't mind so much, but with new tyres on id be much more careful. not sure if an alignment will fix the spacing issue though???

WTF!! if you play with the torsion bars does that chew your tires??? i didn't know that i'm getting it aligned then asap

Got it aligned on the way home from work, didn't do anything for the spacing issue. I'm going into work tomorrow to massage/cut the inside of the guard

Heata cannot wait to get to wombat on Sunday!! will post up impressions

Redman i got them on rims and balanced for $1260

Andrew from Insa has his factory around 45 paces from my work in thomastown so yeah direct, funny thing was that the guy who did the alignment told me he put the tyres on the rims for Andrew. Was a spin out

They look great. Please let us know how they perform.

Heata the comparison between my Kumho A/T's and these tyres isn't even fair. I will post pics and a video up once i get them off my mate tomorrow. I really can't believe how good they performed!!

Anyway i think i'm going to go the bodylift as i didn't like the wound up bars one bit, too uncomfortable and there were too many crunch noises from the front end than i would like!!

The 'crunch' noises could be the steering stops - I put new caps on ($2.90 each x 4) and the noises went away....Amazing!

Latest posts

Back