NAV D40 STREET RIDE (offroad whimp!)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SideStep

Reaction score
Hey Guys here is my Nav.

First off I know most of you will cringe over the fact that I've put big wheels on a 4WD but let me tell you I know...
WIR35 gave me good info on the real consequences so I'm aware that servicing and fuel consumption will be more costly.
I was set on the street style though and had a few bucks to spend. It sure gets looks and is a lot of fun driving it.

It's a 2008 STX Dual Cab which was your usual nav with a nudge bar.
2yk0r3b.jpg

I was keen on black or blue so when I took this one for a drive I was happy with it overall.

So I got tweaking and took off the nudge bar (which I wish it never had since there are obvious wear marks left on the bumper - oh well!)

Put a hard lid on, limo tint and some24" rims which I purchased from USA.

So now it looks like this...
ve525h.jpg

There were some other things I wanted to add.
I bought a grill set from ebay but I think it looks better with only the bottom bit (might put the rest on).
Also bought a set of Angel lights but wiring/installing them in looks to be a bugger! (will do one day maybe).
I took off the sidesteps to get them powder coated so maybe they will go back on.

That's probably how it will stay exterior wise.
I plan to get exhaust and chip for some kick and fuel economy.
Also do the interior in some nice new leather one day.

Eventually I will ditch the street look and gear it up to do some offroading but for now I couldn't even conquer an gravel driveway with an incline I reckon! haha

Looks sweet mate. It's not all about off road stuff (although I love it) - it's about what can be done with a Nav.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah true it's good that these Navs can look good street and offroad with only minor accessories.

Also I heard that a few times too from people that the steps serve many purposes.
I will put them back on soon.. might buy new ones because these ones were bare metal on the underside of the brackets from wear.

Yeah I was contemplating that too, because want them to blend in.
I'm just not sure how it would look since I haven't found any Navs that have done it.
I'm curious to see how yours turn out now.

I actually would prefer a step like the one that comes on the Ford F150 Raptor.
I love that truck and if it sold here I would be found on the Ford forums sorry to say hahaa!

Latest posts

Back