So I Got Some Prices....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azza

Reaction score
The time has come for suspension :rock:, I'm not looking for a massive lift but I'am getting some new BF ATR's 31' tyres after the suspension so a bit of height would be good. Look mainly for better preformance on road with enough flex for the bush. What are you guy's running and what sort of cost?

I went to the local TJM dealer and got a few prices

Tough dog kit with rear adjustable shocks : $1465

Ironman kit with torsion bars: $1251

TJM gold series (I think thats what it was??): $1339

They want $300 for install, I'd be able to do the job but with work I don't have time and I'm happy to pay someone to install it. Is $300 a bit rich assuming I buy the kit from them?

Anyway I don't know a great deal about 4WD boingers, I'll stick to my dirt bikes, I just don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers lads

After seeing, hearing about and now having EFS I rate them highly.
ARB / OME can go and F themselves three ways to sunday along with their marketing dept. I have tried Lovells shocks....blah, Ome springs and shocks - springs failed less than 10k kms....blah
Now have OME nitrocharger shocks that are suitable but overpriced for standard performance. EFS rear leaves that are the correct shape as opposed to the OME Dakar shit. and EFS torsion bars.
So I can speak with experience just add EFS all round and enjoy the difference.
Ironman seems to be doing OK but for a little more coin the EFS really stands out for quality and ability.

I'll second the EFS. my vehicle came with OME all round, kept teh shocks and bars, but the rear springs needed replacing... badly. car was sitting level with no load in it, thats how bad the sag was in her.

definitely get the EFS kit all round.

Another vote for EFS, I had it in my Bravo and never sagged and performed greatly. Currently have it in the Nav when I bought it, but unsure if its a lift or standard height, either way i will get an upgrade in the near future with the same gear

I've got EFS heavy duty leaf and torsions - fitted for $1020 (this didn't include bushes as I used the OME ones - did include almost new U bolts). Similar scenario to Aido - had OME rear springs 'medium' rating and they levelled after 12 months. I have kept the OME Nitro shocks.

It depends what you want - Navaras don't provide great amount of flex (like any IFS/leaf combination) but I have found the heavy duty EFS to be pretty good off road. On road they are fine - can be a little bone jarring on corrugated dirt roads at times - but as long as you remember you are driving what is essentially a work ute so the ride will never be as comfortable as a sedan. They handle a load of gear really really well.

When these shocks fail - and I expect they will - I will be looking at Tough Dog adjustables.

I am looking to upgrade once I fit my Xrox bar and Tigrez winch in about a month. 1 Of my mates is a mechanic and can get me a full set of Nitro Raw springs and shocks, bushes, shackles and bolts for about $1000. He can get Ironman and Bilstein as well.

Got a quote today from a shop in the big smoke while I had 10 mins to spare, Koni adjustables, Springworks custom springs, and greasable shackles, fitted $2180. Lucky I had my brown underpants on.
Sounds like good gear but outta my range. I'll chat to Zordo when the time comes I reckon.

Blimey! Def talk to Zordo, would have used him but live over in WA, just had EFS fitted
, fantastic, good warranty and people prepared to do the warranty work if it is ever needed ( unlike OME!!! Talk to Aido about that one!!)

Latest posts

Back