benefits of 265/75?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
ok, so seriously...what are the benefits of running the bigger tyre size?

all i can see is that they suck up some fuel, drop your power and make your car illegal.

can someone provide a convincing argument as to why I should continue to run 265/75's over the stock 265/70's?

(EDIT: i can think of two pro's, they look bitchin' and give you more clearance but is that enough to overcome the cons?)

Last edited:
Much better range of tyres available, especially in LT constructions. Availablity when out and about somewhere.

I was thinking about this as well Josh when it comes time for new tyres. The V6 isn't blessed with gobs of power and torque, and I hear constantly the 75 series tyres do weigh more, and hence use more fuel to drive them. How much more I don't know but I am going to research some tyre mobs to see if they can give me a weight per tyre difference.

Added ground clearance, only a small amount so as you say, is it worth it?

thats it exactly ray, in reality, the 265/75's only give you an extra 15mm clearance on your rear diff.

it's not because they weigh more (believe me, 265/70's on steel rims weigh ALOT more than 265/75's on alloy rims do) it's that the main weight of the tyre (the tread) is further out from the axle, thus requiring more torque to turn, thus sucking power from your engine.

and the difference really is quite huge., i've just put some steel rims and a good set of 265/70 Maxxis Bravo 771 A/T's on the car and she runs a whole lot nicer. i plan on keeping the 265/75 bighorns and just put them on for playing in the bush. but when it comes time to get myself a new set of muddies... 265/70's? or 265/75's?

I have 265/70's and havn't had to many dramas with clearance It's not like it's a D40 :sarcastic: :welcome:

Last edited:
For me it's all about clearance, every little bit helps. The added benefits were it corrected my speedo to almost spot on and it is an extreme common size so replacements should be everywhere.

I have 265/75's on mine. Believe the benefit's far outweigh the cons when offroad. When on the dirt I drop my tyre pressures to around 20 - 22 psi giving me heaps more tyre on the ground then I ever had with 265/70's. Also choices for LT construction were very limited at the time I was buying my tyres. As for fuel use increasing and power loss, I've hardly noticed!

Cheers Brad

i thought that running 265/75's would put ur speedo out as they are a larger diameter than stock..???

D22's might be ok, but my D40 speedo was way out from factory (about 10km/h at highway speeds). The bigger tyres brought it back close to spot on.

D40's came out with 265/75 as the stock tyre size in most countries.

More rubber = more traction, simple as that.

just a note on the speedo change so from a 265/70 to a 265/75 it changes your speedo by 10 % ? ( at 110 i am only doing 100 )

Back