boost gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_man

Reaction score
ok yesterday i enstalled a boost gauge but when it is at idle the needle flickeres and when i come on boost it vibrates in side the gauge.

it is only a cheappy $70 i have got two more on the way (auto meter). I took it back and the fella said he had never hered of it happening before and the second one also did it but not as bad as the first one.I was just wondering is there something wrong with the gauges or is it something with my car

Mine does the same at idle its normal but once it hits solid boost and registers upto about 5 psi the needle shouldnt shake anymore.

How much boost you got?
Mine maxes at about 16

My autometre doesn't do it, but the pyro has done it.

I crossed a few Fords the other day and did it because the probe got wet. I am assuming so anyway.

Mine peaks around 15-16 gotta be fairly flogging it tho
But never had troubles with the needle.

what T connection are you useing?
some makes come with a special T or a damper to smooth out the pulses from the engine.

or are the inlet valves not closing fully?

Ordered a new pyro probe today.

Gotta send the old one back to be replaced.

Atleast theres warrenty I guess.

Hey guys, im running a saas boost gauge and to stop that valve bounce you melt the end of the t piece going to the gauge closed then push a hot pin/needle thru it. Also use a small inline fuel filter. Then if she still bounces crimp the boost line and wrap a cable around it but dont do it up tight.

I'm looking at pyro and boost gauge for my 09 navara. Any ideas on best gauges to suit and also pictures of installs would hd great.

Thanks

Heres my install, got the pod gauge off ebay to suit the d22 mould

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 190
Lasoya how much was the 2 gauges and the pillar pod worth? Also where did u get gauges from cause its Wat I'm after. The blue with amber needle.

Cheers.
Rusty

I too got my pillar pod off ebay.
I didnt like it so I immediatly set to modifying it.
Now I' am happy with it.
Boost gauge on bottom and oil pressure on top.
gauges006.jpg

Pay no attention to the oil pressure needle. It does sit on 0 but it is a bad camera angle.
And just because I can... here they are all lit up.
gauges007.jpg

Bill

Latest posts

Back