D40 emergency spares

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm heading up to the Pilbara and Kimberley's in June and would like to know what sort of spares you experienced tourers take e.g. radiators hoses, belts etc.

I have a 2009 diesel ST-X duel cab.

A list and, if possible, part numbers would be nice. Not really worried about genuine or after market.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
2 spare tyres and wheels is a must because you won't get a spare rim easily, Radiator hoses will cost a fortune, so just take some of that hose tape+belts and fuses. Pack light or you'll risk breaking your chassis and you can't carry a spare of those!.

Yep, the TJM underguards were one of the first mods fitted. They are a pain in the arse to fit on the 2009 models but i got there in the end. God help me if they have to come off for any reason (no captive nuts).

I tossed those nut with sticks that came with the plates and had one of the local shops fit nutserts......easy on/easy off now :big_smile:

I buy nuteserts for work from any fasteners shop (coventry, Brisbane fasteners etc) You can get a cheap nutsert gun with them too.

Hi all, i'm heading up to the Pilbara and Kimberley's in June and would like to know what sort of spares you experienced tourers take e.g. radiators hoses, belts etc.

I have a 2009 diesel ST-X duel cab.

A list and, if possible, part numbers would be nice. Not really worried about genuine or after market.

Thanks in advance.

I'm heading off on the trip shown by the blue line in the attached pic shortly (27 Jun-7Sep). While I will be taking heaps of stuff the only D40 spares I'm taking are oil filters, a spare fuel filter and spare belts. I have a repair kit for hoses and really your have to be awfully unlucky to bust new hoses. If your vehicle is >4 years old I'd suggest replacing the hoses and carrying the old ones as spares. I also carry a length of heater hose - buy this in Bunnings. As my trip will take me beyond services I also have 10 ltrs of the fully synthetic Shell oil that the dealer has been using.
I've also attached the check list that I've put together....of course you don't need to take all this stuff but we will be carrying some common stuff shared between vehicles.

Attachments

• 09tripoutline.jpg
    09tripoutline.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Spares and other stuff2.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 111
I'm heading off on the trip shown by the blue line in the attached pic shortly (27 Jun-7Sep). While I will be taking heaps of stuff the only D40 spares I'm taking are oil filters, a spare fuel filter and spare belts. I have a repair kit for hoses and really your have to be awfully unlucky to bust new hoses. If your vehicle is >4 years old I'd suggest replacing the hoses and carrying the old ones as spares. I also carry a length of heater hose - buy this in Bunnings. As my trip will take me beyond services I also have 10 ltrs of the fully synthetic Shell oil that the dealer has been using.
I've also attached the check list that I've put together....of course you don't need to take all this stuff but we will be carrying some common stuff shared between vehicles.

That's an awesome trip. I'd love to do that one day but convincing the misses is a challenge in itself, let alone a trip such as yours.

It's on the drawing board though. The trip i'm about to embark on is a test trip to see if the 1 year old bub handles it ok and handbreak doesn't start annoying me before we've even left the metro area.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the list. I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Where do i get the radiator repair tape from??

I just came back from crossing the Simpson. A friend took his 09 D40 along, hit one dune a bit fast and damaged his radiator and fan. The major problem was holes in the base of the radiator (plastic). we fixed it very quickly with some "Quick Steel,"a great product that will be a standard inclusion in my travel kit from now on.

Back