Ironman 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govo

Reaction score
Hey Fellas

I recently had a Ironman kit put on my 2007 D40, Was wrapped with the results as in height increase and overall ride is noticably better, BUT after about three days I have developed what I call a clunck that seems to be coming from the right rear somewhere. I have had it back to the suspension shop , they went over everthing again and could find nothing loose or anything that would cause the noise. I am taking it back tommorrow for them to check it out again. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or would know what it could be or where to concentrate on to maybe pinpoint the problem. Thanks in advance Mark.

check the bottom bolts on the shocks as these can come loose pretty easily as i found out the hard way, i do remember mine having a slight knock but it knocked itself away

hey govo,

i also have the ironman lift (performance), it is noticably firmer than stock. i have had the odd knock or bang, mainly going around corners or changing direction quickly, it is certainly noisier than stock, constantly squeaks, damn annoying, what sort of lift did you get front and rear, i got 30mm at front and 50mm at rear. i do find the ride a little firm for my likings, with little kids bouncing around in the back, feels a little unsettled on our crappy roads

Do you own a D22 or a D40?

I purchased Ironman rear springs for my 2010 D22 about 4 months ago. They made a shocking clunking sound when under heavy articulation. I discovered one of the leafs was rubbing on a part of the spring mount at the front. I took it back yesterday and they had to trim a little section off the front of the spring. Now shes as quiet as a mouse. They reckon Nissan have slightly changed the hangar design recently.

Ironman were excellent about the whole thing, they did all the work, no questions asked, very happy with their after sales service.:cheers!:

Re: Ironman 2" lift

Check jack and gear behind seat for noise I have looked for months only to find it accidentally

hey govo,

i also have the ironman lift (performance), it is noticably firmer than stock. i have had the odd knock or bang, mainly going around corners or changing direction quickly, it is certainly noisier than stock, constantly squeaks, damn annoying, what sort of lift did you get front and rear, i got 30mm at front and 50mm at rear. i do find the ride a little firm for my likings, with little kids bouncing around in the back, feels a little unsettled on our crappy roads

Hi if you put the Nylathene rubbers in they sent, it will make it very noisy on the road as they have little movement, mine now has a clunk in the rear when backing out the driveway turning hard i should ask Ironman why one day.

:wash_truck:

ironman 2"

Hey guys, i've got a 2" lift on my d22 and it rides great and is alot softer when the leaf springs settle. it does have a knock in the front end on full lock, which i think is because the caps on the steering stops has worn through.. about $5 from nissan for one of them. Hope it helps

Latest posts

Back