yabbies up the river

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy d22

Reaction score
just wondering guys if there have been any of you that have been up the river in the last few weeks, i have heard with all this water coming down the river that there are a LOT of yabbies to be had. the first few reports came from renmark and berri, but today i heard of a bloke getting 400 at murray bridge.
also what are the best baits for em, ive used old fish carcasses in the past with little return, im looking at going up there in the next week or so.
cheers rick.

yeah I use tined cat food too (just cheap black and gold or whatever) cause it easy to pack and not messy AND it works.

Pulled out 15-20 from a willow in front of our shack at Tailem Bend. This was in the bloody channel, not the backwaters.

Heading down the darling then Wentworth/Chowilla next weekend if the roads open, hoping for a good feed of yabbies and callop

yeah I use tined cat food too (just cheap black and gold or whatever) cause it easy to pack and not messy AND it works.

Pulled out 15-20 from a willow in front of our shack at Tailem Bend. This was in the bloody channel, not the backwaters.

Heading down the darling then Wentworth/Chowilla next weekend if the roads open, hoping for a good feed of yabbies and callop

Wouldn't count on getting into Chowilla - or at least very far in - as all the floodplains around here are under water. It is a beautiful sight though - kind of sad to think that we should see something like this every 5 years or so (even in a drought there should be enough in the spring pulse to create a small flood from time to time).

And, yes the yabbies have been good & may get better as the water recedes. Just remember to use legal nets :big_smile:

one of my workers saw a yabbie crossing the road in st.morris the other day! he put it in a bucket, we did our first job and he dropped off in the creak on the way to the next job. it was a big fella too!

^^ hahahaha funny stuff, at least hes thinking about the future, give it a couple of years and that could be the next secret yabbie spot.

yeah went to blanchetown and fished both sides of the lock, got three yabbies but the river was flowing sooo fast, will prob give it a few more weeks to go down, or maybe get the old mans boat and fish the backwaters with a few pots.

: latest update: went to avoca dell near murray bridge over the weekend and got 25 medium yabbies off the bank, but my old man went to morgan upstream near where the barge is on the bank, for those of you that know where that is, and out of his boat in a couple of hours got 50 quite large yabbies, he was quite pleased with himself.
so there are plenty about fellas, enjoy and get yourself some!

Latest posts

Back