G'day

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracka

Reaction score
G'day all. Just picked myself up an 07 D40, RX, 26000kms. TJM canopy, Nissan steel bullbar tow pack, safety pack. Apart from that pretty stock. Will look at susp lift and wheels/tyres (not that there seems to be many of those available, wheels that is.)

Found the forum with some great stuff so thought I'd drop in. No doubt I'll get some good info from you all hopefully I will be able to contribute something.

G'day Dave.

Mate just for cruising, a bit of off road, tow my boat and fishing. I don't forsee carrying any great weight in the back, not at this stage anyway. I had a 2007 Suby outback (only 17000 kms since new) and a very nice 89 diesel (but gutless) 4 runner. Got rid of both and got the D40 for myself and a Pulsar for the wife to run around in.

I had thought of going to 265/75's I notice in your sig you run them, did you notice any power loss. Not sure which tyre I will go, I had Cooper ST's on the 4 runner, they seemed a bit slippery on the road in the wet, but then again the 4 runner brakes definately aren't the greatest. Fronts tended to lock with not a great deal of pressure just with a sharp stab.

The 265/75's made abit of difference power wise. Exhaust has brought it back good enough.

The D40's 400nm of torque wont have any issues with the bigger tyres.

The gut 4runner, a mate had a 1991 model. Slow as that thing was. But then he put 33's on and it made it woeful.

I use to have ST's on mine, they were a good tyre and good for everyday driving but I agree with you in the wet. The MTZ's are a great tyre, heaps more grip in the wet then the ST's.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back