electronic rust proofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
i think i got conned into the electronic rust proofing that my dealer recomended. it's E RUST.....found a stone chip on the roof with surface rust when the car was only 6 000km old. took it back to dealer and they said it was normal and that the roll of the e rust unit was to stop the rust going any further than surface rust. i was always going to get a rust proofing unit but am just wondering if this is a fake as i was under the theory that its meant to stop ANY rust from forming.

any thoughts on this or different products.

Cheers

I have a Couplertec system installed, its the same unit used by Surf Lifesaving and BHP.

The documentation for mine says that light surface rust is normal.

Hey sorry to jack this thread but how do these systems work/get installed?
Also where do i get them?

I got one on mine. Dealer threw it in when I bought the ute.

Cant remember the brand. Dunno if its working but it was said to be free. No doubt I would have payed somewhere.

Dave.

As far as I know thats perfectly normal, the guy who installed it told me that the paint is actually what carries the electronic current and when the paint is broken like a stone chip or scratch, it will surface rust over and that will carry the current across the metal underneath, though it wont rust any further than that.

i have the couplertec unit also. The way i see it is if the mines buy them they must work.

I have the ERPS unit. Similar to the couplertec in that it runs off the capacitive coupling principle. Your paintwork acts like a sandwich between the positive pad and the negative body. From what i had gathered only these types of units that use capacitive coupling methods work. Difference between the two units is that the ERPS runs multiple pads off the one unit whereas the couplertec runs only one pad or two(i think) off one unit.

A mouthful but i hope this helps. Easy to install yourself as well.

Yeah my Couplertec has two pads, one in the enginebay and a second runs through the chassis rail to the rear tub.

Yeah what do you think as good ive got some scratches already doesn take much to make white lines paint isnt real thick

Hi all...
I opted out of the dealer's accessories - but i am interested in what people think of the ERPS... I was going to ask whether these are good, or do you just go the old fashion spray?? Looks like some of you are using the ERPS? Is this the way to go?

I have the erps and underbody spray, I couldnt tell you whether it works or not, most of our cars are not old enough to have rust regardless of what protection is used.

I have the Couplertec system, but same as Matt, the car isnt 2 years old yet. Has done some beach work though.

Most people will agree that a combination of spray & electronic protection is the way to go.

I had mine installed for me but if I had the time again I would do it myself. Maybe just check their website for supplier?

Did an install on a surf life saving vehicle the other day with one of these units fitted. The only rust I could see was on the screws mounting the unit. The guys told me the units were supplied free in return for "marketing assistance"

Yeah they are used on all SLSC vehicles and BHP use them on mine vehicles as well. 10 year written warranty.

Latest posts

Back