Pirtek fishing challenge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
For all you guys out there who fish( there is quite a few... Maybe I shouldn't say anything!)Pirtek are having a national fishing comp on April 10... 17 species...$4000 first prize possibly win a $33,000 boat and best of all the entry fee of $20 goes to cancer research...

Links for info, or do you want us to search for it :sarcastic:

Although for me these days the challenge is finding time to go fishing and I doubt I'll get $4K just for that.

Oh wow win a fishing trip with ET, now that would be a highlight only rivaled by drowning in the Yarra river.

Good luck to anyone entering.

He's like every other tv fisherman, if it's not a big fish he's not interested in it.

"do I want to pay $20 for a ticket in a boat raffle"?

That about sums it up, there is plenty of fishing comps around I can enter that cost nothing to come home with no fish, paying for the privilege to have a one in god knows what number chance in winning a boat I'd just sell doesn't seem that worthwhile.

I enter and sponsor a fishing comp up in Brisbane here twice a year (weekend after next if anyone is interested ;), there are about 100 entrants on average and they have prizes for fish classes obviously but also have loads of giveaways, random size fish prizes and every kid that enters gets a prize. I love it. I have never won a class but have never walked away without at least someone from the family winning something. Every boat carries a flag so you can know who else is in the comp and say gday, and I believe they have a shore based class this year too. Thats the kind of comp I like.

Yeah we have a few similar comps down here and they are always good value especially for the kids. Apart from my dislike for tv fisherman like ET and Rob (the idiot from WIN TV) I don't dislike the idea of the comp here I just see local comps that raise money and put into the local industry as a lot more viable.

Latest posts

Back