Suspension info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Just thought I would post this for peoples information...

I have an 08 Dual cab stx that had new suspension put in it at about 5000km old so I have true height measurements for std vs lifted not sagged vs lifted.
Measurements could vary obviously with different accessories but these measurements are for no accessories completely stock.

This info is for front only as it is the pain in the arse with upper control arms etc. Measurements are taken from bottom lip of rim to guard with a 16" std rim.

Front std = 740

Ok this is were it gets interesting. I put in an ARB ome lift and got a 27mm lift. Car now sits with aprox 767

Now there are plenty who claim higher but what I have found out after a few measurements last night on the hoist is that with this massive lift lol I only have 50mm-55mm of droop left at the wheel before the upper control arm contacts the coil hat. That is fuck all and sucks.

What I am getting at is that without an upper control arm solution we are stuck with aprox an inch lift in the front while still retaining some down travel.
Obviously if ya truck is just for looks and never goes over bumps you could go slightly higher and just have no down travel but for a 4wd this is not ideal.

All those who are going to comment that they got heaps more lift etc than that please remember these measurements are for NEW vs lifted not almost new with accessories fitted sagged vs lifted.

Hope this information is helpful in people understanding that D40's are shit for suspension lift:sad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back