LED Flood light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will

Reaction score
After wanting a flood light for a while now I finally got one. this one. 10-30v 15 WATT LED HIGH POWERED ALUMINIUM FLOOD LAMP (eBay item 120688004688 end time 03-Mar-11 21:16:10 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I struggled to think of a way to fit it in such a way that it could be removed and fitted as needed, rather than having it mounted full time.

You can see how I mount it in the pictures (in the next post), by using the locator part of a pad bolt setup. I stretched it out to fit the screw holes on my canopy latches, then drilled a hole in the center to take the flood light mounting bolt, then I used silicone to hold the nut in behind it so I can just screw in the light assembly and plug it in. I also squeezed a little silicone into the nut so I can choose the direction I want to point it without it flopping around. I'm pretty happy with it so far, I'll get some shots of it in the dark soon too. hope you like it.

Pictures attached.

Oh I forgot to mention that I can leave it mounted and still open and close the hatch. just have to have it slightly turned out to the side to clear the latch.

Attachments

• image-3482783951.jpg
    image-3482783951.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 344
  • image-485101946.jpg
    image-485101946.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 285
  • image-1859095269.jpg
    image-1859095269.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 280
  • image-4031231895.jpg
    image-4031231895.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Yeah nice install will, looks good. My canopies frameless so no good for me. What sort of canopy is that?
I've been watching those exact lights for a coupla weeks, how much did u get yours for?
I was thinkin about mounting mine on the rear step as a reverse light, but like your idea better.
Let us know how she goes when it gets dark!
Cheers, Marcus

i just bought 6 of those lights to use as rocklights. Great output. got mine for $44 each.

Thanks for the feedback dudes. U got a canopy A.Frontier? Where'd u mount yours?
Rock lights joshy? I presume they do what the name suggests...

I have the hard cover on mine
I mounted mine ( well they will go back on when the trucks painted) underneath on the back of the mud flaps .If you look at the mounts for the flaps you can see they used a nut n bolt at one point. I use that bolt to mount them

Thanks for the feedback dudes. U got a canopy A.Frontier? Where'd u mount yours?
Rock lights joshy? I presume they do what the name suggests...

yeah. mounted in the wheel arches and under the body to light up underneath on night runs.

thinking of buying this from the ebay shop for camping light but worried it may be too bright. Don't wanna be sitting sipping a beer at dusk with sunnies on. Hard to know how powerful to go with led light. How do you find it for brightness in the evening/dark?

thinking of buying this from the ebay shop for camping light but worried it may be too bright. Don't wanna be sitting sipping a beer at dusk with sunnies on. Hard to know how powerful to go with led light. How do you find it for brightness in the evening/dark?

I've got some of those. Too bright for camping, got that bright white LED look to them too, I use them for lights at work now

What sort of canopy is that?
how much did u get yours for?
Let us know how she goes when it gets dark!
Cheers, Marcus

It's an Alpha canopy.
I paid $38 + $10ph
In the dark it's bloody bright, almost too bright. It will be great for setting up camp at night or as a work light, bit too bright to sit under at night. I'll try and get a picture when out and about, too bright in my driveway due to proximity to walls etc. need to be in the open.

Thanks joshy. BTW tidy effort Will.
Thanks Nevyn, I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

Joshy, thats a good idea underneath for rock lights. how do you go with them? are they too bright?

perfect as rock light as your never looking directly at them so the extra brightness is good, just lights up everything under the car and around it.

I have a pair of LED lights on the back of my Navara - great for night runs and also for setting up camp. (different brand to whats been shown in this thread)

Whilst at camp, i tend to shine them downwards rather than straight out - that way i can leave the sunnies in the car at night !!

Latest posts

Back