Looking at buying an STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSV to STR

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m a newbie & have just signed up, I am looking at purchasing a Turbo Diesel STR. I will be using the vehicle for mainly highway driving & some off road work on the holidays.

A have a few questions, I am sure most have been answered so please feel free to post links to other threads :rock:

I am looking at around 25g – 30g (2004 - 2008 with the extras) mark at this stage and an unsure whether it is better to go with the 3ltr or the 2.5ltr in the newer models

• What would be the areas to focus on when looking at these as 2nd had vehicles?
• What are the pros & cons of the 2 models?
• What will the fuel economy be like in each?
• How many K’s are to many on these engines?
• I have heard about clutch problems in Navara’s, but have since been informed that this is more with the D40?

Thanks heaps guys as I have only really owned performance vehicles this is a little bit of a change.

Cheers,
Andy
:cheers!:

With everthing I want on there it comes in at well over 35g's & thats getting the navara for under 30g's.

Looking for more tech info......

I agree with Krankin go new but each to their own.

As far as the other questions go, try searching I know you'll find several threads relating to both the 2.5 and the 3.0 litre. These topics have come up quite often, fuel economy is discussed in many threads, what to look for second hand has been discussed, problems others have had have been discussed it's just a matter of reading until you can convince yourself if you like what you see.

You're questions are quite commonly asked so by using the search function and spending some time reading you should find the answers you require.

With everthing I want on there it comes in at well over 35g's & thats getting the navara for under 30g's.

Looking for more tech info......

stick with the hsv ihave a SRT its only 6 months old nissan wont fix it under warranty clucth gone

i just wrote my d22 06 str off but it had done 350000km with out an issue. it was a great ute on and off the road actually pretty impressive as a 4x4 and kept up to just about any other 4x4 on the tracks.
economy wise the best i got was 750km from 75lt but on average it was about 650km
2.5 motor is a de tuned version compared with the d40 and actually has less kw and less torque than the 3.0lt
i would of bought a new d22 but my daughter was complaining about the lack of leg room and i was a little sketchy on the fact that it has less power then my old one so i have just picked up a new d40
anyway as i said i got 350thousand with no dramas from the 3.0lt and i give it a hard time as it was my work ute and weekend toy
hope this helps. goodluck

I heard some advice the other day from a motoring Journo....."Just remember your buying a small truck. So expect it to behave as one"

Latest posts

Back