Strzelecki Track

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dog

Reaction score
Has anyone been along the Strzelecki Track between Innaminka and Lyndhurst. I am contemplating a trip from Brisbane to the Flinders Ranges mid next year and just doing some preliminary planning.

What do you want to know

Might be worth coming in through Birdsville to tick that off the list.

I'll been there this weekend if the roads open but with more rain forecast I don't think it will be happening

I planned a trip at easter up the birdsville and back down the stresleki . had to cancel tue to rain forecast. going to arkaroola instead. Roads are the major problem and you need to keep updated.

a mate did it last year for the birdsville races and said heavily corrugated, but otherwise good roads especially after grading. It varies considerably after rain if idiots (or authorities were too slow to close the roads) have been through and put deep ruts in it.

If the weather is good then you'll have no problems at all. As mentioned above I'd be coming in through Birdsville and if you decided to travel the Birdsville track instead you won't have any issues unless the road is closed by water. I travelled through this country in September 2010 and the Strzelecki Track was closed by water. The Birdsville Track had been open for 2 days and was slow going but easily passable - just make sure you have a snorkel for the deep water though.

Latest posts

Back