285's FITTED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST-X DEON

Reaction score
Hi all just thought I'd keep yous posted on my progress with the Maxxis
285/75/16 Bighorns, got em fitted today. definetly need at least 2" lift, Iv done 2" suspension lift and doin 2'' body lift hopefully next week, bit of road noise above around say 60km havent had it on highway yet, but to me it seams the gear ratios are actualy better. You can actually use first gear now instead of it been a short burst of nothing. Minor rubbing on front tyres on the rear mudflap on full lock goin up driveway, nothing the BL wont fix Id say. Any Question just post me.

ST-X dualy, Spainish built with Konig "Lockload" rims 16x8 pos 20 offset mate. f@#k there loud at 100km, I had Maxxis trepador's on my Lux no where near as loud ay.

Had a Nissan GQ wagon pass me goin down the highway the other day and I heard him well before I saw him. He passed me and I instantly recognised the tyre even at that speed. Maxis bighorns!
They seem like a good option for offroad and well priced but yeah they are super loud on the hwy.

Yeah the Mxxi Big horns on my mates rodeo over power the road noise my Mickey Thompson MTZ's. I thinkt it had more to due with the fact the big horns run such a firmer rubber compound.

i wanna see pics and info on this as i want to put them on mine but i only have a 2inch suspension lift.

i wanna see pics and info on this as i want to put them on mine but i only have a 2inch suspension lift.

I know from experiments if you use stock STX rims or alloys the offset is good to run 285s with no rubbing.
I wanto use the sunraysias with a wider offset which you have to massage the inner guard a bit for clearance. That is with only a 2 inch lift no body lift.
it is possible

I know from experiments if you use stock STX rims or alloys the offset is good to run 285s with no rubbing.
I wanto use the sunraysias with a wider offset which you have to massage the inner guard a bit for clearance. That is with only a 2 inch lift no body lift.
it is possible

Is that fair dinkum?? Are you sure?? Gee I hope so. I got 4, 285/75 BFG muddies with less than 5000 K's on 'em that I thought I was going to have to get rid of...

also where did you get the rims from, had a look on the konig website and they have some decent looking rims but unsure whether they all come in our pcd

Maxis bighorns!
They seem like a good option for offroad and well priced but yeah they are super loud on the hwy.

I could not agree more, just about to buy set No3, for the navara, last two sets were on my HDJ79R cruiser, 265/75/16 first set, 78,000km
315/75/16 second set, still going at 75,000 km. Off road they are fantastic, rocks, mud, beach, anywhere, they work well, on road handleing is very good, wet grip is better than any other mud or AT I have tried. but they are alittle noisy at speed.

I would like to put a set on the ST-X, Bob jane can get 265-70-17, anyone know if these will fit on stock rims under a Spain built 2011 STX, no lift at the moment, but a 50mm going under within a short period of time.

should be fine mate, might scrub a lil when offroading, i had my 265/75-16 bighorns on my thai built with no lift for abit and didnt have any scrubbing

should be fine mate, might scrub a lil when offroading, i had my 265/75-16 bighorns on my thai built with no lift for abit and didnt have any scrubbing

def no scrubbing...tried my best to get flex on stock suspension with 265/75/16 no where near scrubbing lol was pretty embarrasing...

I could not agree more, just about to buy set No3, for the navara, last two sets were on my HDJ79R cruiser, 265/75/16 first set, 78,000km
315/75/16 second set, still going at 75,000 km. Off road they are fantastic, rocks, mud, beach, anywhere, they work well, on road handleing is very good, wet grip is better than any other mud or AT I have tried. but they are alittle noisy at speed.

I would like to put a set on the ST-X, Bob jane can get 265-70-17, anyone know if these will fit on stock rims under a Spain built 2011 STX, no lift at the moment, but a 50mm going under within a short period of time.

I put similar tyre size on R16s and and they work purfectly, plenty of room.
I went from standard 255/70/R16 (30in) to 265/75/R16 (31.6in), which is the same as your 265/70/R17 (31.6in)

iv got 2" lift and managed to scrub both front and rear with my 265/75-16 bighorns, dunno how but the tub lip has peeled out and inner gaurd on the front is missing a piece

Did i read that right ? I should be able to run 285/75-16's on my stock STX 16x7 rims with 2 inch susp lift ? i hope so as 8 inch rims are hard to find.

Its not advised to run 285's on a 7" rim but can be done, I think you will find you will need at least a 30mm body lift, lladner on here has.done just that but still had to mod his inner gaurd

384877_10150412902389053_738519052_8431760_1365415456_n.jpg

just thought id post up a pic of navara with 285/75/16 no sway bar, all i got is what i think is a 2" block kit not 100% sure what size it is, i just cut bout an 1" out of the front guards dont even notice it and i get no scrub at all :) pretty sure the rims are a ' 0 ' offset

Last edited:
Did i read that right ? I should be able to run 285/75-16's on my stock STX 16x7 rims with 2 inch susp lift ? i hope so as 8 inch rims are hard to find.

hey buddy, Dynamica wheels make a 16x8 " rim to suit the D-40 as that whats i use to run my 285's

hey guys i run 285/75/16 maxxis bighorns on dynamica 16x8 with 0 offset with 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body it dosent scrub anywhere on full flex there is a lip in the inner gaurd bout 100ml from the edge i just used a heat gun to model it back 20 ml

img0428ek.jpg

By boxy525 at 2011-12-23

pc040130.jpg

By boxy525 at 2011-12-05

Latest posts

Back