Headlight bulb type and wattage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All
Real basic stuff, I take delivery of an ST-X King Cab in 9days, and will have a long night drive to get it home.
Am hunting the bulb type (H4 etc) and wattage (assume are just 55w) as fitted std so I can figure if I should pack a bulb upgrade and do a roadside install before dark
Have decent spotlights to go on once I get home
Thanks in advance
Nick

Welcome to the forum.

The bulbs are H4 (in my d40, dual-cab Spanish 2009 build). Can't see why yours would be different.

They should be 60/55W as standard. They should also JUST be adequate to get you home.

I have replaced mine with IPF 60/80W and they're much better - but still like the IPF 800 series driving lights.

HID are illegal in our headlights in many states
they are cracking down on them in the ACT and I have heard similar from NSW
Full mechanical inspection for anyone caught with HID fitted in Headlight or Fog lights to get the defect notice lifted

I had someone with HID follow me the other night and it was like they were on Hi Beam and it lit up everything left right up and down.
HID has a nasty habit of just scattering light in all directions hence the need for them to be used in projector style fittings so the light can be controlled and focussed

Thanks all for the feedback.
Good info re HID, but have shied away from them because of the cost, and availability of good alternatives.
Cheers All
Will pack an H4 upgrade

Its all the cheap brands that should be band.

People dont adjust there headlights either.

But one of the biggest issues isnt the aiming of the lights as such its that HID globes have a different type of globe and the focal length of the light fitting isnt set for HID .To use HID in Lightforce lights you have to move the globe back approx 10mm to bring the light source back to the focal point of the reflector

I have a Philips kit in my Nav and I have never ever been flashed.

Got breath tested again last night in Newy and a highway patrol officer didn't say a thing to me about the HID lights.

Seen my boost gauge and pyro gauge and asked if I upgraded the turbo.

I said "No sir, its just cheap insurance" he replies "No worries, have a good night."

Ill post up a pic of the actual globes to show the difference if you want.

Headlight bulb & wattage

Hi Paul wondering if you could tell me if you have had any problems with your HID's jamming on high or low beam?

Hi guys

I'm needing to change my bulbs in my ute, as their crap n annoying me Any suggestion to best bulbs ? And where to buy from as nearest big town is 300kms away so online is better

Tony With the IPF 60/80W that your using do they go straight in from the standard issue bulbs ?

I was looking at theses NARVA Plus 50 Globe - H4 12V 60/55W which do u think would be better do a lot of night time early Morining with Roos going to work

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

The IPF globes are a direct replacement for the H4s that are in the car. Just remove the old, install the Fat Boys and away you go.

You have to be careful about getting any dirt or oil from fingers on them. I used latex gloves (of the medical variety) to ensure that I didn't contaminate the glass by accident.

They are an expensive globe, but they do a reasonable job. I still had IPF driving lights and roo whistles fitted though, just to make sure.

Hi guys
Needing to upgrade from standard stock bulbs On my st x 2011
Has anyone know If these will work n not burn n anyone tryed them?
H4 100/55W Xenon Rainbow*Superwhite*Headlight Globe Kit*
All the help is greatly appreciated

I haven't tried them. 100W bulbs will put out a lot of heat, more than the Fat Boys I'm using - it's something you should keep an eye on if you do use them.

I wash my headlights before I use them, and when cleaning the bugs off the windscreen, I do my headlights as well, just to stop the dirt from being an insulator and keeping the heat in.

Hey Tony do you know what the warranty on the ipf 60/80w globes are? Mine pooped themselves after 10 mths. Not impressed considering the price.

Jack

I'm not sure, Headlight globes are probably considered "consumable" so at most I'd expect 'em to give a 90 day warranty. My receipt doesn't mention it nor does the packaging, so it may even have none.

The price was the reason why I used latex gloves to install mine. No risk of putting oil on the surface of the glass.

Yeh the packaging is only useful if your Japanese. Going to look at the xray vision globes.

Reopen on old tread.....
Just wondering what the globes are in the d40 fog light and if they would be different from bull bar to bull bar.

Latest posts

Back