D22 2.5 Exhaust Upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been looking around various forums at exhaust upgrade options for the 2.5 D22, a company that is getting good feedback is Beaudesert Exhausts

On their homepage they mention that they have recently put together a replacement system for the truck so I sent of an email enquiring about a quote, this is what they replied with:

Hello Jason

We manufacture a full 2 3/4" mandrel bent exhaust system with a new high flow cat converter and HPC Coated dump pipe to suit your 2.5ltr D22 Navara STR.

These exhaust systems are all bent and built in our own workshop with our automatic mandrel tube benders by our highly experienced, qualified staff.

All kits come with nuts, bolts and gaskets supplied (apart from gasket off the back of the turbo-which is quite alright to use again) and fit on to all original mountings and brackets.

We supply a hi-flow, perforated straight through type muffler. This means that the muffler won't restrict the flow of the system due to it being the same size diameter as the tube and the system won't be any louder then standard as the perforations absorb any excessive noise or droning.

Our customers have given us good feedback, being extremely happy with the improved torque and fuel economy of their vehicles after installing one of our systems. We have found that we sell a lot of our product to people towing large vans and boats looking for more power to get them up hills and along passing lanes.

On average our systems give customers an approximate power increase of up to 15% and an improvement to fuel economy by approximately 12%.

The price is $1340.00 for an aluminised mild steel system (inc dump & cat & muffler), plus $25.00 packaging, plus freight.

We can also supply a stainless steel option for $1800.00 plus packaging, plus freight.

Alternatively we can fit it here in our workshop for an extra $125.00.

Thanks for your enquiry. I hope to hear from you again soon.

Thought you guys may find it of interest.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Beaudesert Exhausts

I had a mandrel bent exhaust fitted from Beaudesert Exhausts earlier this year on my D22 3.0L at a cost of $1400 fitted. This included $140 extra for a couple of more bends due to the gas tank so I guess it would not have been a standard system. I guess prices have risen since February. They certainly do increase performance but I think they may be over optimistic with a 12% increase in fuel economy. No real extra noise but you know it's there. Definitely worthwhile.
Paul

Hi guys
Mate and I had our Navaras done at Ultimate Performance at Brendale and very happy with the price and service there - give Bill or Cathy a ring,top people and great advice too
No affiliation, just satisfied customer

Cheers
Boxxy

Hey brisbanite have you been in a navara thats been done? I really want to do mine but I am scared that it will be noisy.

No mate, but everyone that has had it done seems to be glad they did.

I'm going to get it done, just a matter of when, will take you for a ride if you haven't had yours done by then.

Last edited:
Matt, mine is a 2.75" and yes it is a little noiser, but not by much. I also emailed Beaudesert and they priced me exactly the same as Brisbanite, except mine was $60 in freight, to cut to the chase, i rang a local place and he fitted it for $1320. If i was you i would get a price from a local muffler bloke and he will probably fit it for less than what you are going to fit it for and the bonus is that you don't have to fit it. Obviously the dealers get a very good trade price and pass that onto the consumer.

cheers,

Lance

Hey brisbanite have you been in a navara thats been done? I really want to do mine but I am scared that it will be noisy.

G'day Matt, I am just at the north end of the Gold Coast if you want to come down and try it. pm me for details if you want to have a go.
Paul

Thanks guys, I appreciate the offers. How is the turbo noise, doesnt get anoying after a while?

I never heard it before I had the conversions done but my wife reckons I am a deaf old fart anyway. I sometimes hear a faint whistle now but if it was too loud, again, my wife would let me know. :dancing:

Very worth while investment.

I got mine done at Lillfords in Thornton, its a suburb in Maitland.

Dave.

Back