off road boss suspension stuff up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispy

Reaction score
Today I booked my d40 navara in for my you beut 3 inch lift kit to get fitted today for the second time! Last time I had it for the lift kit to be fitted it couldn't be fitted because the rear shocks had the wrong size eye holes! off road boss were very help full and sent new shocks down so I could get it fitted asap! And today I recieve a call from the 4x4 shop informing me that the front struts are far too long (W.T.F) problem was they had allready fitted the rear so because they lost time charged me $160 for labour and I still don't have a lift kit fitted!
One stuff up I can understand but twice! not happy:rant:
Off road boss is going to send me new front struts and they are saying that the new d4 navaras (2010-11) thai builts are different to the older navaras which my mechanic thinks is a load of b.s hopefully some one can clear this up.
I am at the point of telling boss to shove the lift kit where the sun doesn't shine and get a full refund plus the cost for labour.
This is not a cheap kit (cost $1900) parts only plus fitting.
Just wondering what you guys would do in my situation.
cheers:cheers!:

Hey chrispy, i don't know about the difference in the D40, but i have delt with Offroad boss a fair bit and they have been great with their advise and and after sales service.
i thought if it was their stuff up that they would cover the cost of labour, Telling them to shove it wont get you anywhere i dont think.

Chrispy they don't sound too professional to me. There are no 3" lifts*
available to IFS vehicles which drew my eyes quickly. If you get more than 40mm in the front you have done well.

* PRG/Calmini/Snake Racing excepted, but was we all know they all require serious modification to the IFS.

I saw an ad the other day for a 3 inch lift for a D40 so they are around, I'm not sure what the difference is. There are a fair few differences between the thai and spanish built models Chrispy so suspension may be one of them. You would think they would have done a few 2010 models by now though to know the differences.

I saw an ad the other day for a 3 inch lift for a D40 so they are around, I'm not sure what the difference is. There are a fair few differences between the thai and spanish built models Chrispy so suspension may be one of them. You would think they would have done a few 2010 models by now though to know the differences.

It can be done but the CV angles are too acute and therefore their longevity is compromised.

Latest posts

Back