Speed '1' interior fan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puss-on-Boost

Reaction score
My 1st speed for my interior blow fan has suddenly stopped working for me.....speeds 2,3,4 still work fine just not 1....I'm thinking its an issue with the switch itself but wondering if anyone has encountered this before and can shed some light on the subject? It sucks not being able to use that setting :(

There was a guy who bought a new switch but he didn't need to.

Cant remember what the problem was.

Ill see if I can find his post.

had the same problem on my nav as well, thought it was a one off but starting to see that it's a more common issue than i initially thought. this post probably won't help you but a bit of flirting with the nissan service assistant manager and she had the part in and fitted for free (out of warranty).

I had something similar in an old rodeo, but it was #4 wouldn't work. Bit of a copious amount of contact cleaner and running it from 0-4 while spraying and it worked again for a good 2 years. Perhaps just dirty contacts?

Mitch

Diode or resistor --- whichever electrical gubbin that regulates the go to the fan is normaly the culprit but it usually only affects all other speeds other than full. If as you say its on "1" which is where it normally sits for most vehicles then I would suspect the switch / contacts. Either dirty or worn....could be a simple fix with some contact cleaner or a bit more fiddly to remove the switch assembly and check that it is making contact.

I'm gonna go with the resistor as well, possibly a cold joint or a blown resister in the pack. This sits in the airstream so it's under the dash, should have a screw holding it in place and a plug that runs into it. Bloody thing is probably dear as poison too, and that irks me since in all likelihood it'd cost a couple of bucks to fix.

I have the same problem, after going through testing switches and wires it all points to the resistor being the problem. Took it out and tested continuity between pins (as the service manual says), and appears fine, although it does have some corrosion on one of the contacts where it joins the circuit board. In the electrical plug I swapped fan speed 1 with fan speed 2 wire (red and yellow I think it was), and my fan then worked on speed 1 (at #2 speed), but not on speed two. Which means it is definitely the resistor.

Apparently fan speed 4 doesn't use this resistor so if you loose 1, 2 or 3, but not 4 it is likely to be the resistor.

If you look down near your fan motor there is a plug with 4 wires, un-plug it and then there are two small screws holding the resistor/circuit board in.

The dealer also said they had replaced a quite a few of them recently, but unfortunately they also quoted me $305!!

I'm looking at getting one from the states if i can find one that matches. Has anyone else done this?

$305?? Bloody hell things up north are expensive, it must cost a lot to ship a resistor that far or the Nissan trained experts are dead slow at their job. I seem to remember others saying $140 for the resistor and even that is a bloody overkill.

If you're down to component level can't you just get the resistor's value and replace it with one from an electronics shop rather than a Nissan one?

That was actually a Brisbane price. Maybe that dealer has a good mark-up, or Nissan AU. Regardless, even at half that price it is too much :(

Have you got the resistor out? Can you post a pic, maybe we can figure out where to get them aftermarket.

Have now got the same problem in my 08 nav. Spoke to nissan today on the Gold Coast and was quoted $340. Thanks but no thanks. Has any found a non genuine replacement without costing me my pay packet for the year?

You could try niss4x4.com.au or see a wrecker. It's unlikely that the resistor pack would be damaged even in a total write-off.

I don't think anyone ever came up with the actual resistor values. If they did, we'd be able to get stock high-current resistors from electrical suppliers.

Fan has just given up on 1. I will pull the pack out tomorrow and see if i can get the values out of it. As an electronic engineer type dude i refuse to pay that amount for a resistor. Even if it is a fancy one!
Will post the results tomorrow.

I had same problem on my D40 and quoted ridiculous prices. I arranged oem from https://www.everythingnissan.com. Cost just over $90 including freight. Resistor about $43 US. Part No for my 2007 D40 Resistance-Elec (27150-5Z000).
I would take out the fan motor out of the housing and check if there has been water there, as mine somehow had water getting into it and had to replace motor and resistor a second time. Could not identify were the water was getting in and drill a couple of holes in the plastic motor housing to let it drain when it periodically happened.

My local, in Adelaide, was over $300 too. I decided to put up with it at that price - but it is a PITA.

Latest posts

Back