Great Camping weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Packed up the car Friday night to head Murrindindi way... then found out missus wanted to go to Sheepyard Flats (near Mansfield).... so yep, headed that way, few people up there so kept driving (our dogs are a handful), ended up going through Alpine National Park and camping on the waters edge about 2km up the road from Upper Jamieson Hut.
Great spot, nice and quiet, plenty of wood, few fourbys cruising past.
Anyway, got lost on the way back, (we arrived in the dark) and ended up doing the Bluff Track! Saw some amazing views, were about the same height as Mt Buller and the Nav did well, was a pretty easy track but for an amateur like myself kept a smile on my face, got a bit nervous a couple of times as the track got worse but it came good every time. Went past Bluff Hut and a few others. It turned our 3 1/2 hour journey home into a 6 hour one but was worth it!
Great camping spots up this way, highly recommended!

Yeah had a ball. Just to clear up a point, we didn't camp in the Nat Park with the puppies, we drove through it and then it becomes State Park again, think that would be ok!? Anyway will head up there again very soon, wanna explore a bit
more while the tracks are still open.

Sounds good mate, anyone with a chainsaw is welcome, spent half the day cuttin wood with a handsaw... who am I kidding, was good fun! But yeah more fishing/drinking next time!

Latest posts

Back