My D40 with all the mods attached

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanguard

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I almost have the truck the way I want it. Just small touches here and there to go. To anyone who wants a D40, these things look awesome, but with a little touch up even better ;).

Igor

Attachments

• IIT_1058.jpg
    IIT_1058.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27,912
  • IIT_1060.jpg
    IIT_1060.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IIT_1062.jpg
    IIT_1062.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,504
  • IIT_1069.jpg
    IIT_1069.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IIT_1071.jpg
    IIT_1071.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 6,953
Some more pictures

Attachments

• IIT_1075.jpg
    IIT_1075.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 711
  • IIT_1076.jpg
    IIT_1076.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 733
  • IIT_1077.jpg
    IIT_1077.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 693
  • IIT_1079.jpg
    IIT_1079.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 756
  • IIT_1080.jpg
    IIT_1080.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 873
More pictures again

Attachments

• IIT_1087.jpg
    IIT_1087.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 738
  • IIT_1104.jpg
    IIT_1104.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 568
looks awesome, but man I bet ya gonna get some bad stone chips up the side with those rims and tyres hangin out so far.

I think that is why some tyre and wheel mobs say the procomps don't fit the navaras cause the offset hangs em out so far.

Looks tough but.

How is the gearing with those tyres?

Yep maybe a few stone chips, and a lot of lightly buttered female attention, that thing is fully pimped! Love it! Good onya vanguard.

That looks Great!

Can i ask what Rear Bar that is!? I'm tossing up options for a rear bar to protect the tailgate a bit more than the standard offering!

Nice one!

Looking great mate, glad you have it how you want it.

How do the tyres affect it (fuel/performance)? Mine is sluggish off the mark with the 32's on.

Rich

PS Sent you a PM about your stock rims & tyres

looks awesome, but man I bet ya gonna get some bad stone chips up the side with those rims and tyres hangin out so far.

I think that is why some tyre and wheel mobs say the procomps don't fit the navaras cause the offset hangs em out so far.

Looks tough but.

How is the gearing with those tyres?

Cheers mate. This wednesday it will have some temporary flares put on, to try and stop the chips. The problem with smaller offset rims is that at full lock they rub against the chassis. So it's either tyres hanging out or bashing the chassis in with a mallet. I wisely chose the first.

Gearing is not too bad but will need to be done. I am looking into it now. Considering 4.11:1, they think it will bring it close to original and not weaken the front too much. In 2WD don't matter but in 4WD with say 4.6 gears and "giving it some" I am being told the front diff will go straight away. Some thing about the pinion being too small at that ratio?!? Don't know that's why I rely on experts.
Either way, there is no kit to re-gear the D40 and this again will be a completely custom job. We'll see what happens :)

That looks Great!

Can i ask what Rear Bar that is!? I'm tossing up options for a rear bar to protect the tailgate a bit more than the standard offering!

Nice one!

Thanks Tiny!

The rear bar was a custom made one by Overkill Engineering in Sydney. It came with the tow bar. From memory about $1,500. All done and fitted. The guys at Overkill did many things on this one (well almost everything).
I wanted the ARB rear bar but felt that the tow points looked a little weak on it and had this one made. The tow points on this go straight through and bolt to chassis. They wanted to make the tow bar through the middle of the bar (neatly coming through the centre) but because of the height of the truck decided to go below the rear bar.

Looking great mate, glad you have it how you want it.

How do the tyres affect it (fuel/performance)? Mine is sluggish off the mark with the 32's on.

Rich

PS Sent you a PM about your stock rims & tyres

Hey mate!

From what I am hearing they are all sluggish off the mark. My mate has a stock twin cab diesel manual and that is a little sluggish too.
Fuel is pretty good. I have dual tanks, so all up roughly 160 litres. That gets me between 900-1000 km's around town. Depending on how I drive of course. On the highway, well I went to Melbourne and drove there for a day and almost half way back before needing to fill up. Pretty good I would say. I am happy with that.
Performance... like you said it's a little sluggish so you need to rev it up a little to go. It really does go though with the exhaust, chip + intercooler. Who would have guessed. My mate wanted to "race" me in his patrol, I was so excited about the new intercooler that gave it a little too much and had the truck going sideways & burning rubber off the line! That was scary! (but fun!). So, very happy with performance, the 2.5 does wonders when unleashed a little.
I'll have a look at the PM.

Thanks Rich.

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the kind responses. I am glad you like the truck.
Time to get it dirty now.... he he he.

nice. I think i seen this in Auburn 2 weeks ago. was wondering if it went offroad haha

Latest posts

Back