Custom steel tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey
Don't no if this is the best place for this subject,
But has anyone built a tray before?
Im drawing one up at the moment for my dual cab d22,
From what I've read in other threads I'm thinking of using 75 or 100x50x2 squared tube fr the outter frame, I have access to a mig and a few other basic tools but also know someone with a truck body building warehouse so I guess if I get stuck I can use this,
I'm just wondering what the laws are regarding changing trays from tub to flat, any boundies to it and getting it over the pits,
Also any tips anyone who has made there own has discovered?

Cheers

Mate there is a write up from one of the guys on the forum forgot his name but he is doing a full write up on his tray. Use the search bar and it should find the thread for you mate.

Just been doing some real rough sketches of a couple tray ideas, just want to get some opinions before I get too carried away,
The flat tray is pretty well decided apon, but I am eventually gonna want a canopy for trips and stuff so was thinking the cage idea like I've seen in someone elses thread, with canvas. And just having it be able to slide into the flat tray, I don't want to have to put sides in my tray, do you think it's work fine kinda how I drew it?

Also anyone have any ideas for tie down points? Was thinking of putting another rail under side rails...

Attachments

• image-4291735528.jpg
    image-4291735528.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 349
  • image-4041468737.jpg
    image-4041468737.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 334
  • image-3643879151.jpg
    image-3643879151.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 288
look thru Matt's thread
http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifications-build-ups/6575-matts-d22-custom-tray.html

Also have a lok for Dion's D21 and also the Beacon. Should give you some other ideas.

space for spare tyre and access to it will be needed. I'd be building in some hitch points on the rear end. Tie downs - you could try pinching some rails from a ford courier or mazda bravo. Have seen some people use some d-shackles recessed into the tray. Shouldn't need bows as the forces would be a bit less.

See if you can make your pics a bit bigger. I like the shape of the rear. Would need to check if tail lights need to be flat or if its OK to be angled back a bit

Good luck on the build

Thanks mate, I'll have a search now and try find those threads,
And I'll see if I can figure how to upload bigger pictures

Latest posts

Back