Airconditioning not very cold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
As you may have already read from my other posts I have just brought a brand new Nissan navara 2.5 turbo 4x4 ST 2011 plated with a diesel engine.But before I take it back for the first service thought I would get an idea from anyone who has one as to how cold the A/C gets .I was running it today through the ac/max on 2 speed fan but the cabin area I coulnt say managed to get cold enough that I would need to turn down the fan.The temp outside was only about 28c so not very hot.I ran the A/C for about 30mins travel between jobs but my 2000 model Sries 3 Au Ford falcon beats it for dead.Anyone have a similar problem and what did you do about it ? I dont want to complain about something that is the norm for this type of truck.

My heater doest shut off all the way. D22 though.
Try just running fresh air set to cold without the AC and compare the inside and outside difference.
Has been adjusted on past service but has now started doing it again....Time to find the heater tap me thinks.

Yer must admit the air con on mine is a bit funny as well. I find that the only way mine gets cold is to have it on the two coldest settings. Anything else and it,s nothing more than a fan.

Can't really say I've had any problems with the A/C but I have found on really hot days I get better results by turning the A/C on with the fan on 3 or 4 and using recirc for about 15 mins and letting it cool the cabin air then after that dropping the speed down to 2 and taking the recirc out.

On the days of 40+ across the Nullarbor last year in between stops (about every 3 hours) we found we were actually turning the A/C off completely every 40 mins or so because the cabin was getting too cool. Once we got out and stopped moving for too long the cabin reheated and we needed the recirc on again but after an hour the A/C was turned off again for 30 and 40 minute intervals.

Latest posts

Back