Body lifts, what to look out for

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster.

I am possibly going to look at a 2003 d22 str in a few weeks that has a 2in body lift and i was just wondering if there are any nasties i should look out for while looking over it.

cheers
bryan

its probably not roadworthy?? not sure what the rules are in your state. beter check it out with the rta

Guy at Pedders in Blacktown the other day told me anything in NSW with more than 1 and 1/2 inch lift or lower requires an engineers certificate. I haven't seen this in writing, just the word of a guy from a suspension shop. This isn't to say you won't get it registered, but if you are in a crash and kill someone and they find it has illegal modifications then you can get in serious poo poo.

I'd just be checking if its been certified, and if not find make sure the kit has been installed properly, and all the mounts are ok and find an engineer that is willing to certify it.
Maybe try to get the guy selling it to get it certified before you buy it so its all above board when you get into the drivers seat.

Back